Add controversial news to FM

With press conferences filled with repetative, pointless subjects every single time, I thought it would be nice to add an aspect of the game which is currently missing - controversial events.

News articles could be added when a player is sent off for a particularly violent bit of conduct, an international player does something stupid in a match, somebody does something stupid on the training ground or outside of football (going AWOL), to which (if in a match) we can view the incident and give our verdict when asked in a press conference.

It would make things a LOT more interesting with the media aspect of the game! It happens week in and week out IRL, where managers are asked about happenings in the week that just don't concern their team but the press want to hear their view.

Thoughts???

I'd be advocating less news items, less news conferences, less irrelevant news. So much irrelevant news items. Spend hours filtering subscriptions and leagues and removing news. And still get about 100 messages a month and only about 5 relating to my team.

Controversial news could only be added for regens; a real player could sue. So then the AI would have to be coded to see who is a regen. Might be quite a bit of work.

Not really, if the controversial incidents are in the game already. Missing training, stupid sending offs, training ground trouble - all this actually happens in FM. The media just doesn't pick up on it.

Archived