Far too many features, slow UI and quite user UNfriendly match controls (BUT still good)

Hi!

Been a while since I posted here, but I have just started playing FM 2012 after not really playing FM for quite a long time.

I am far from sure I can get in to it, though. I am from the old school with my favorite probably being CM 00/01. In the FM games there has been put FAAAR too much content and features in for my taste. Seems completely bloated. In some ways it's liberating in these days of dumbing down games, but still it seems a bit much.

I mean, come on:

- Backroom meetings

- Staff meatings

- PRESS CONFERENCES (how I LOATHE them, and making my ass man take them just feel wrong)

- Team talks

- Conversations

The above features should simply be dropped and the game would be miles better IMO.

Well, it was actually not even the point of my post to rant, but to ask a couple of questions and hope for some help:

1. Anyone else have problems with the UI being quite slow? ESPECIALLY the player tactics screen is insanely annoying; when I move a player the game pauses for like a second at least.

2. Am I the only one who finds the match controls very poor, I mean the general user friendlyness is just...missing. It's SO cumbersome to give out shouts by having to open that sluggish menu on top of the action and then pick from an amazingly long and confusing list while maybe 5 game minutes go by. The system frankly seems broken and should be redesigned. Do anyone know if other skins exist that make this better?

As a closing remark, I will still say that the game is very impressing after all and I have huge respect for the developers!

It's SO cumbersome to give out shouts by having to open that sluggish menu on top of the action and then pick from an amazingly long and confusing list while maybe 5 game minutes go by.

nice point

for me, I can't say anythink about what you mentioned, because i played FM as it is now so I don't know what it looked like in the past :)

Hi!

2. Am I the only one who finds the match controls very poor, I mean the general user friendlyness is just...missing. It's SO cumbersome to give out shouts by having to open that sluggish menu on top of the action and then pick from an amazingly long and confusing list while maybe 5 game minutes go by. The system frankly seems broken and should be redesigned. Do anyone know if other skins exist that make this better?

You do know you can set groups of these before games, i have 6 different variations of shouts set up, so if i want to use any of them during a game i just select either home1 or home2 or whatever i want from my list of 6? You can also pause the game to make your changes so you dont lose 5 minutes of the match.

You do know you can set groups of these before games, i have 6 different variations of shouts set up, so if i want to use any of them during a game i just select either home1 or home2 or whatever i want from my list of 6? You can also pause the game to make your changes so you dont lose 5 minutes of the match.

Yeah, I know. And it's an improvement.

Still, the whole control system in the matches is just sluggish and annoying to use. It could make the matches SO MUCH better if it was more intuitive and faster.

How about my skin question...is it even possible to "skin" the matches?

Yeah, I know. And it's an improvement.

Still, the whole control system in the matches is just sluggish and annoying to use. It could make the matches SO MUCH better if it was more intuitive and faster.

How about my skin question...is it even possible to "skin" the matches?

Well it only takes me 2 clicks to change my shouts, hardly cumber-sum imo. I doubt its possible to skin matches, but you would need to ask in the editors hideaway.

Archived