Maximum Salary Allowed To Offer Players.

I've just started playing Football Manager and i've went Celtic. We're well within our wage budget, but when i try to sign players, the boards restricting me to stupid wages like £2000 a week for a player who is going to be First Team. I checked the finances screen and the maximum allowed is £22,000 a week for a first team player, also we're £30,000 under budget. Is this a bug or is it just the board being tight fisted? I've even tried loaning players but they say i'm only allowed to offer 0% of the wages.

I know times are tough but i thought if you were working within your budget you were allowed to offer the maximum wage as long as that keeps you within budget. Not that i needed the full £22,000 anyways, so surely this is a bug of some sort?

Anyone had similar problems or can offer me any advice would be appreciated :)

I'm guessing you are bidding for a few players at the same time. The board is calculating what happens if all the players accept. So you need to wait for one to refuse you then move onto the next one.

I think thats actually what it was mate. Was negotiating with another guy who was on a free that i forgot about. Ah well thats that mystery solved :p

Archived