Struggling to attract players

I am Dinamo Moscow in the second season and every scout report I get on somebody from abroad they have 'no intention' of joining. I just had a report on Glenn Whelan who is transfer listed and on loan at Barnsley - no intention of joining, a player in the Lille reserves - no intention, is there a reason behind this or a way to change it?

It's down to reputation, both of your league and your club. The way to change it by being successful on the pitch. (European qualification on a regular basis will help massively)

Might have to look a little closer to home for your players for the time being.

Yeh it will be because British players generally don't want to leave Britain, unless offered European football or bigbucks (or they have no reputation in Britain, unlike Whelan) I guess france is the same, lower league russian football isnt that attractive! Even people like Gary O'Connor who was on megabucks at Lokomotiv couldnt hack it and came home early.

As withnail says Russian based players should be more open to coming to you, especially as they should prefer Moscow to where they are based just now. Maybe try players from countries that are generally seen as keen to move to 'Europe', like americans and Africans and other Eastern Europeans, they should be less snobby about going to Russia than western Europeans.

Though as withnail also says its about reputation, remember you are in the 2nd division. Once your reputation grows sufficiently that should trump over the players concerns I mentioned above and your pool of willing players will increase rapidly.

Unless you are doing LLM remember that your Player Search feature has a 'filter out unrealstic transfers' option

You should be able to scout all across Eastern Europe. Players from places like Poland, Bulgaria, Lithuania etc might all fancy Russia as it is a better standard of football, but until you're in regular European competitions you should forget all about signing players from the bigger European leagues.

Archived