A Journeyman Thread - You Know The Score

ollie laaaaaaaad

After reading a few threads I have decided to do my own Journeyman Save

Ive the following Leagues and started Unemployed with Sunday league rep:

gametruejourneyman22222.png

I decided i would excpet my first approach no matter who from, i applied to airdrie, vauxhall motors and Wrexham but the first offer i recieved was.....

oliverconnollynewsinbox.png

and so the following contract was agreed....

oliverconnollytransfers.png

so let the adventures begin, I've never managed in Russia so will be a big challenge for me!

1283160442_0604.250x200.jpeg

FC Torpedo Moscow is an association football club, based in Moscow, Russia. The club was founded in 1930. On March 19, 2009 it was denied membership of the Professional Football League (the organization that conducts competition in the Russian First Division and Russian Second Division) and did not play in the professional competitions in 2009. On April 3, 2009 representatives of the new owner of FC Torpedo Moscow, ZiL, appealed that decision. As deadline for 2009 registration passed, FC Torpedo Moscow was not reinstated in the Second Division and Torpedo-ZIL remained the only professional Torpedo for 2009. Torpedo Moscow won the Moscow Region of Amateur Football League in 2009. On December 22, 2009 Torpedo passed licensing and plays in the Russian Second Division in 2010 (Zone Center). They beat 1-0 Gubkin at home on October 30, 2010 and became champions Zone Center of Second Division in 2010 season. This meant Torpedo elevated to Russian First Division after 3 seasons with making 2 successive promotions.

History:

Soviet UnionSoviet Top League

Winners: (3) 1960, 1965, 1976 Autumn

Runners-Up: (3) 1957, 1961, 1964

Soviet Cup

Winners: (6) 1949, 1952, 1960, 1968, 1972, 1986

Runners-Up: (9) 1947, 1958, 1961, 1966, 1977, 1982, 1988, 1989, 1991

Semi-Finalists: (5) 1944, 1946, 1957, 1971, 1978

Soviet First League

Promoted: (1) 1937

RussiaRussian Cup

Winners: (1) 1993

Amateur Football League (Zone Moscow)

Winners: (1) 2009

Russian Second Division (Zone Center)

Winners: (1) 2010

EuropeanCiutat de Lleida Trophy

Winners: (1) 1991

FM Overview

torpedomoscowinformatio.png

The Squad:

torpedomoscowteamreport.png

The Situation:

russianfirstdivisionove.png

I can see why the managers contract wasnt renewed....

moscowDM1107_468x333.jpg

Taking over the reigns with two games to go in the season allowed me the fantastic oportunity to loook over the squad before the next season (in 4 months time!!)

One thing i noticed was that with only 4 foreign players allowed in the matchday squad and three in the first XI we were wasting these valuable positions on what id call *****!

so im going to look to bring in some top quality brazilian talent to replace probally three of my non-eu players.

The Last two games did not go well....

Yenisey (A) 1-3

Gazovik Orenburg (H) 3-4

With a long time until the Russian relegation division begins, I am going to do my best to rebuild this big team in a poor division.

Manager Profile:

oliverconnollyoverviewp.png

It was the make or break month and it would take a lot for us to get out of the situation ....

May Update

tmmay.png

An up and down last month, in which we couldntg get that 'big' result the two times it was offered to us, this saw us condemed to the third tier of Russian football, a sorry state of affairs in Moscow.

Final League Table

tmmaytable.png

I was gutted, but to me it was almost inevitable.

As the season ended, i expressed an interest in a vacant american job, to my suprise the next morning, i was issued with this statement from the board.

tmultimatum.png

and so i followed orders and tendered my resignation to the board.

tmresign.png

My short stint in Russia was over, and i was bitter, very very bitter, i'm looking to return to the UK, unless I recieve a good offer from America. One day i hope to return and conquer Russia

After my Russian escapade I decided it was time to return home and try and build something i had been linked to blue-square premier jobs and even one league two job, but neither were availible at the time off my english return.

I applied to two jobs, that being a north-west lad, were very close to home and recieved offers from both.

chesteroffer.png

fcunitedoffer.png

I decided to accept the job at Chester FC, i had played for them (well the former) between the ages of 13-15 before moving to Wrexham so they are close to me, and with the new defined Chester having no history it was appealing.

Bio

Chester Football Club is a supporter-owned English football club based in Chester. The club was founded in 2010 following the winding-up of Chester City F.C. The club plays its home games at the Deva Stadium, and for its inaugural season played in the Northern Premier League Division One North following a successful appeal to the FA. They won the league in their first season and gained promotion to the NPL Premier Division.

chesterjob.png

The news shocked the media who saw it as a huge step down for me, and it was true this side was going nowhere fast, just look at the staff I inherited .....

chesterstaff.png

but it did not take me too long to piece a backroom staff together

chesterstaff2.png

and i set out my goals that were simple and two-fold:

1) Stay In the league

2) finish above FC United Of Manchester

The first for me was easy, but the clout and coverage Manchester got would enable them to bring in some top talent for this poor league.

My summer spends were thus:

chestertransfers.png

Team Report

chteamreport.png

Pre-Season

chesterpreseason.png

Views

Not too bad, could have gone unbeaten but with a lot of transfers it was to be expected, all in all extremley happy and excited about the season ahead, we're predicted 16th with the media, and i reckon between there and 13th is where we will finish as i get to grips with the club, players and league.

August/September Update

chaug.png

Not a fantastic start to the season, we were close in the first two games but were not clinical enough, with Boston we just have to take our hat off to them they are much better than us at this moment in time.

chsep.png

A much better month picking up 8pts, Halifax again are a class above and we did very well there, couple that with a sensational 3-0 win over the much fancied AFC Telford and i reckon we can push for mid-table.

The FA Cup gives us a great chance for some much needed extra finiance, over 6k was raised from the Ashton game.

Hednesford away was the tie drawn for the 3rd qualifying round (I know yeah right, who?)

League Table

chtablesep.png

only three games next month, but all winnable which gives us a chance to really push up the table...

Archived