Football Manager 2012 in Germany

I am in the middle of a 4 month holiday in Germany and went to buy the game on Steam but it couldnt be found. I tried buying it through this FM website but my payment has been declined about 8 times. I went into a game shop to buy it, and after asking if they had FM12 they pulled out some EA Sports weird looking game.

Is the game not able to be bought in Germany? Thats the only thought I have came up with. I've never had any trouble with FM08, or FM10 when buying them back in Aus on steam, so I presume its a 'region' thing?

If so, I am so pissed off right now! I am using my Australian visa card to try buy it and will be downloading it onto my Australian Laptop!

Do I have to wait until I get home to Australia in mid January?!?!

Please SI, help a fellow Football Manager!!

Your Australian card of laptop have nothing to do with buying the game in Germany. You can use any credit card you have in a territory (IP address) which is covered by FM2012 (bought FM2011 on business trip to France with my Ukrainian credit card/ changing my territory to France. it wasn't available in former USSR at that time on STEAM).

Gernamy is not among FM2012 territorries on STEAM due to licensing issues. You should ask someone to buy the game under your steam accound back at home or buy it any nearby EU territory.

I had the same problem living in China last year, though I think it was a currency problem rather than games not being available.

I use the steam store uk website, rather than the shop contained within the steam program.

So therefore if you will be using an aussie card, i guess sign up for and use the steam Australia website, then you should be able to download it from anywhere

KUBI he might be able to buy it on steam australia with his AUS card, but couldnt with a german card.

I am not saying it is 100% sure tho. Just as he says he got to the payment stage, my guess is it was currency problem same as i had

Yeh, so go on http://store.steampowered.com/?cc=au (seeing as you say your are Australian and have Australian card)

If you buy a physical copy (i.e. CD) of the game, you'll have no problem installing it.

I'm currently doing a 9-month stint in Germany and I bought a disc copy off AmazonUK, got it shipped out to me at a additional cost of £15 (pricey, I know) but it installed via Steam with no problems whatsoever.

KUBI - although i appreciate my solution didnt help this particular problem at all, I was able to use the steam uk store from both China last year and the Netherlands this year.

Lucky as most games are much cheaper in £ than in Euros, altho a few are cheaper the other way round.

When I was in china it quoted me prices in dollars from within the steam app, so i couldnt use it because my steam accoun worked in pounds, but i could do it from the steam uk website

I'd rather that than but it off another site I don't know or trust.

Have not played much FM in the last 12 months but have a craving at the moment and will be happy to fork out 50!

So you are 100% sure I can install it with the cd, although I am currently in Germany?

I'd rather that than but it off another site I don't know or trust.

Have not played much FM in the last 12 months but have a craving at the moment and will be happy to fork out 50!

So you are 100% sure I can install it with the cd, although I am currently in Germany?

I can offer a 100% guarentee that that worked for me. I didn't have a Steam account prior to installation and I've used a german IP address to do it, so I don't think there's any reason why you couldn't do the same.

Hello,

We're unable to sell the game either via retail or via Steam in Germany.

However - if the game is purchased outside of Germany it can be activated there.

Cheers

Matt

Thanks for answering - I appreciate it :)

I can offer a 100% guarentee that that worked for me. I didn't have a Steam account prior to installation and I've used a german IP address to do it, so I don't think there's any reason why you couldn't do the same.

Amazon here I come!

Hello,

We're unable to sell the game either via retail or via Steam in Germany.

However - if the game is purchased outside of Germany it can be activated there.

Cheers

Matt

Why are you prohibited from selling it in Germany? Especially given Germany is in the EU and such a ban would possibly conflict with the principle of free-trade?

Interestingly (or perhaps not) FIFA Manager 12 as we know it is called "Fussball Manager 12" and rather confusingly referred to as "FM12". It also got 90% in a recent German PC magazine so perhaps they know something we don't (I was on holiday in Germany last week and tried to follow their review!).

Why are you prohibited from selling it in Germany? Especially given Germany is in the EU and such a ban would possibly conflict with the principle of free-trade?

Germany has right weird copyright laws. Especially with games and music. You can barely watch any official music channel on YouTube, and their relationship with Steam is just as strained.

Has anyone tried FIFA Manager 12? I was wondering if I should give it a try because FM12 is far too easy for my taste this year (at least until it's patched) but I haven't played Fifa since 2002-03 I think, so I don't know if it is worth a try...If anyone has tried it, how are its tactical. transfers and difficulty aspects as from what I rememmber back in the days these were its weaknesses.

I played it at the weekend for the 1st ever time, it looks amazing, the UI is really nice, the animations look good, and basically thats where it ends, its a shallow game with a lovely looking face, and its full of pointless things you will never use. I would say for a football manager beginner its fantastic, easy to get into, there isnt really much depth to it so you can get the hang of it easily, but if you want anything more than a fancy looking Lada your better off with FM.

Shame, wouldn't touch it then. Graphics is the least I care about in a Manager game...

Yeah im the same, i actually got the game from a friend who thought the same so my opinion may be a bit biased based on that but i tried giving it a bash without listening too much to what he said. Like i say it looks ace, the UI is better than FM's, easier to navigate about, the tactics screen is much nicer, but it just lacks the depth of FM, less players, less going on, and tons of pointless little features we see threads on every year, spending wages and stuff like that. If they took all of them out and focused more on the gameplay they would have a worth competitor i think, but i guess their market is the more arcade kinda players, nothing wrong with that, just not what i was looking for from a management sim.

Archived