How do you deal with the Europa league?

Do you take it serious even if it affects the league forum OR do you play a weakened team and risk getting knocked out earlier than you would have?

Personally been a decent team i have gone with the second option and played second/ 3rd choice players and even picked players that are in the reserves.

Anyway thats enough from me, i want to know how you do it.

When i got there with Newcastle, my main goal was to get to the CL so I played a second string team in the Europa, not really youth just rotating the back ups so they'd stay happy but keeping my main players fit for the Prem and then youth for the cups! Seemed to work alright :)

On FM I will pretty much always prioritize Cups over the league. Although obviously if I'm playing very easy opposition in the Cups, I'll play a back-up side. Also if I'm in a desperate chase for either the title or a Champions League spot, I would prioritize the league, but if I'm feeling comfortable in my position in the league, I'll go for it, no matter what the cup. I can't help chase the glory of a cup in FM, but bizarrely, in my actual support of football, I always view league success that much higher than cup success, even in relative terms (ei, getting mid table and going out in the early rounds as opposed to going on a good cup run but lower down on the table).

Just qualified for the EC for the first time, through the Dutch Cup and I'm just thinking - kerching! Also, a great way to boost the reputation (me, the club and the league), leading to even more kerching.

Basically, I'm planning to prioritise the EC. If anything I'll rest players for the league games.

(This may be completely wrong, in which case, oops.)

Playing in danish league here. I field my strongest team for the european matches, and reserves in league matches if a match is close enough to a european match to affect conditino of my players.

A win in my league gets me less than 400k danish kroners, while a draw in a champions cup match gives me just less than 3 million danish kroners. The math seems easy to me in that regard as to get more money fast to improve my team :D

I don't venture out into European competition very often as I tend to manage in the lower tiers but when I was managing in Estonia I got Tallinna Kalev into the Champions League after winning the League. I fielded my strongest team all the time because I view playing Champions League football as a real treat. I guess if you manage bigger clubs that expect Champions League football every season you sort of take it for granted after managing in those big games so often.

For weaker leagues, Europa is a major income source. Sometimes, I don't care for my domestic league (Sweden) since reward money from Europa is 10x better.

This, basically.

Managing a club from Northern Ireland, boosting my UEFA rankings is far more important than domestic wins. I'll rest players for league games to make sure they are fit for the EL.

Archived