"The Angels are as perfect in form as they are in spirit." - Jeanne D'Arc

toffen

Badge-Tonbridge-Angels.jpg

Tonbridge Angels F.C.

Courtesy of Wikipedia:

Tonbridge Angels Football Club is an English football club who play at Longmead Stadium in Tonbridge, Kent, since moving from the Angel Ground in 1980.

The club will play in the Conference South in the 2011-12 season after beating Lowestoft Town 4-3 in the play-off final of the Isthmian League Premier Division in the 2010-11 season.

Notable ex-players include England international Malcolm Macdonald, Aston Villa's league championship winning manager Ron Saunders and ex-Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson.

1447169430.jpg

Tonbridge's top scorer in their promotion-winning season, Frannie Collin.

Name: Tonbridge Angels FC

Nickname: Angels

Founded: 1947

Fierce Rivals: Dover Athletic

Other Rivals: Ramsgate, Folkstone, Tunbridge Wells

Stadium: Longmead

Capacity: 5000 (202 seated)

The prospect of bringing a small club to the top is really exciting to me, and to any who like a challenge, I would recommend a career similar to this. Obviously I'd inherited a poor squad with only a few players looking likely to prove useful at all. I sold off the majority of the players and began searching for replacements.

Omar-Koroma-Portsmouth_1093549.jpg

New signing Omar Koroma in action for Portsmouth.

Starting XI

GK: Pablo Tourn

The Uruguayan between the sticks has 5 seasons of top flight experience in his homeland, and seems a class above the other keepers in the Blue Square South.

DR: Matthew Doherty

A former Northern Ireland youth international, Doherty was developed by Hearts in the SPL, before returning to Ireland for stints with Linfield and Dungannon.

DC: Oliver Nicholas

The 19 year old centre-back has spent time with Arsenal, Man City, Blackburn and Newcastle, and hasn't yet featured in a senior match, however he shows great potential.

DC: Sebastian Sandoval

Having experienced the footballing cultures of Brazil, Colombia and his homeland Uruguay, Sandoval joins Angels with experience and impressive attributes.

DL: Didier Caro

Aged 25, Caro returns from a 5 year break from football after being on the books at Guingamp in France. Particularly dangerous on the offense.

DMC: Medi Abalimba

The Congolese 20 year old isn't particularly threatening in front of goal, but is totally solid at the heart of midfield. Former clubs include Oldham and Southend.

MC: Shane Williams

The 19 year old Welshman could be seen as a bit of a jack of all trades, with solid attributes right across the board. The inexperienced midfield will need to put in mature performances if we are to succeed.

AMR: Yohan Guichard

The French winger oozes class and his creativity will hopefully serve the forwards well.

AML: Rezzah Sullimann

Signed from the island of Reunion, Sullimann can also play at left back but is perfectly suited to the wing role.

ST: Omar Koroma

Formerly of Watford, Portsmouth and Norwich, the Gambian forward will be instrumental in any success this current team have.

ST: Claudio Zanchetta

The third and final Uruguayan in the Tonbridge squad, and undoubtedly the star player. Attributes mirroring those of Championship players and aged 27, Zanchetta is certainly one to look out for.

The media are expecting a relegation struggle, however I'm aiming right for the top of the table. With players more than able to compete in this league, optimism is the general feeling around Longmead lately. Expect updates a few times a season, if anyone wants any particular screenshots then I'd be happy to help, however I'd rather not post tons of them in every update.

Tonbridge Angels - Update

Preseason couldn't have gone much better. In my first game in charge, a second minute strike from a Histon forward looked to be the start of a torrid debut, however the opposition could do little to stop the barrage of goals which followed, goals from Nicholas (2), Sullimann and Zanchetta giving me a 4-1 win. Next up was a trip to Cambridge City, a game we were expected to win, and we did so, 2-0, with a brace from Guichard. We then welcomed Kettering of the Blue Square Premier, a game which looked tough at first, but some horrible displays among the opposing defense and some sheer quality from our players allowed us to win 8-0, four goals from Zanchetta on top of strikes from Nicholas (2), Guichard and Olorunda. Goals from Kinch and Nicholas secured a 2-0 win away at Burgess Hill, two weeks afterwards we would start the season with a tricky tie away at Welling United, who are expected to be near the top of the table come the end of the season. The only player mentioned who left the club was Ade Olorunda, who moved to Eastleigh along with 3 of his unneeded colleagues. Encouraging signs so far, with Zanchetta firing on all cylinders and the defence gelling together quickly. The aerial ability of Oliver Nicholas has proved extremely useful so far.

I'll be interested in how you do down in the lower depths of English football as I'm currently playing my save there. Some very good signings, especially Koroma :thup:, those signings should definitely win the league for you.

As for your location, Foux Da Fa Fa :D

(I presume you're a Conchords fan)

Thanks guys.. and yes I'm a Conchords fan ;) But I've had a change of heart with regard to this.. I thought it would be fun to try again with a challenge I didn't succeed with last year and also did the year before, its gotten a lot more boring as I've gone on. If anyone's interested, in the first season Koroma got injured for 8 months and did next to nothing, I managed to win the league only drawing 2 and losing 2, with a cup run to the third round including a win against Carlisle. The year after that I won the league and FA Trophy with similar ease to last season, with Zanchetti and Koroma both scoring for fun. Had an absurd amount of long term injuries in both seasons. Just feel like a change of scenery, sorry folks.

Archived