save game problem

Hi,

I love the FMH 2008 game but have one big problem. After about 3 or 4 seasons, my game james halfway through a save - the save game bar gets to about halfway and it freezes - The psp won't switch off - the only thing i can do is remove hte battery and put it back in again. Then when i reload the game from the previous point, the same happens again when i try to save. It only ever happens after 3 or 4 seasons.

Can anyone help me solve this - is it a problem with my PSP?

or with the memory card?

or the game?

Help and advice would be much appreciated.

Hi,

I love the FMH 2008 game but have one big problem. After about 3 or 4 seasons, my game james halfway through a save - the save game bar gets to about halfway and it freezes - The psp won't switch off - the only thing i can do is remove hte battery and put it back in again. Then when i reload the game from the previous point, the same happens again when i try to save. It only ever happens after 3 or 4 seasons.

Can anyone help me solve this - is it a problem with my PSP?

or with the memory card?

or the game?

Help and advice would be much appreciated.

unfortunatly this has happened a lot Mark and a team from si i believe are looking in to it try sending them your save

i think it might be due to the save getting bigger each time that you save

how much free space is on your memory stick?

not sure if this effects it but i heard it did

I've tried playing on beyond that point (2 weeks, 1 month etc) and then saving but the same thing happens when i try to save - the save game bar freezes 3/4 of the way through. I'll try the holiday thing but i imagine that'd be the same.

Its not the memory card being full as ive deleted all else on it to try and make it work.

Unfortunately ive since started a new game so didn't keep the save sorry. Just hope it doesnt happen again

I have exactly the same issue. I played as Darlington until November 2009. Then the game hangs at saving game and then the PSP reboots. I have copied the contents of my memory stick to a brand new 1GB stick and the same thing happens. I also tried taking a holiday past that point and it still does the same. I have tried turning autosave on and off...no difference there. Ended up staring a new game with Autosave off as I had it on last time. Only a few months in on the new game. Wiped my sony memory stick first but saved a copy of the card first to my laptop.

I am hoping I have found a fix...although not been able to test. I am on my third game which crashed when you try to save.

I had a game which crashed when trying to save when going into the 2008 season. I was about to give up...however, I updated my PSP to a new version of the firmware. I was on version 3.80 I beleive. The new version (which adds Skype too) is 3.90. It says also that it fixes "compatability issues". Whether this is to do with this issue I dont know. However, I went back to an earlier save of my game and have managed to save it a few times from last save. Previously it crashed. Not played enough yet to be sure it is fixed but so far so good.

I'd already upgraded to 3.90 before my last crash. But it is a good point to raise where operating system versions may have something to do with it, especially for those using homebrew ones.

It seems like a code thing but I assume that the Sega and Sony testers all got through 30 seasons ok.

Antheer thing, I use Sandisk memory stick and not a Sony one.

I haven't had trouble with games corrupting or freezing but more overwriting them myselfs. I get into the habit of pressing down twice and saving there in one game for example. Then, I will start a new game and then go down twice and overwrite it. This was very annoying as I was in the first season of the Champions League with Cambridge and I overwrote the file with a Portsmouth one after the January changes. Is there anything we can do to prevent this next year?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lostcause:

I Was having the same problems but through not doing a thing i'm now in my 2012/13 Season and i have a sony memory stick but only a 512 bytes thingy one </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ok so after i posted this it crashed on me so i did the month again and it crashed again so i thought one reason why it could of lasted so long is because i've been a manager of so many clubs in such a short time so i started the month again left forest icon_frown.gif and waited for a job to come up (there was no free jobs) Laurie Sanchez took over at forest and he left reading so i applied got offerd the job and it came to autosave time and it saved perfectly and has been doing for the past 5 saves now and currently 20 points clear at top of championship

So that could be it

Well on the multitude of occasions it's crashed on me I'd only ever been at one club. I tend to wait to see if I'll get an offer...which was very rare in FMH07. But I've not had the chance to receive one in FMH08 as the game's over in about 4 seasons despite diffeent saves.

Archived