Determination

How important do you view this attribute?

For me it's one of the first things I check when viewing a player. I am gutted when I find a great regen who has low determination.

Also, I think a players determination attribute should increase when they join a highly determined team, as opposed to learning from a determined individual. I think it's more realistic a new signing would pick up on the teams overall determination rather than one specific individual. Obviously not everyone would react positively to joing a determined team, but I would like to see players' determination increase this way. It is far more realistic.

Determination is vitally important for he too. Particularly given that I always like to have a highly determined squad, and it's always important for players to blend in. However thankfully Determination can improve in a couple of ways, both in tutoring, and through disciplining a player for poor performance, so relatively low determination wouldn't put me off a player entirely.

I have a question regarding upping Determination. I'm Bayern, and Toni Kroos has a little low Determination for my liking. After winning the league with 5+ games to go, is it worth playing Kroos + Youth team so that we lose, just so I can fine him for poor performance?

I have a question regarding upping Determination. I'm Bayern, and Toni Kroos has a little low Determination for my liking. After winning the league with 5+ games to go, is it worth playing Kroos + Youth team so that we lose, just so I can fine him for poor performance?
Haha, brilliant idea :D But I'm not sure whether it would work, because many players don't accept their fines if the whole team played crappy.. but theoretically yeah, that could work.

Porthos, your idea could work, but there are better ways of doing it. In friendlies (or competitive matches you're expected to win easily), try starting him as centreback or fullback, and as soon as his rating goes beneath 6.3, sub him off, and you'll then be able to fine (or warn) him for poor performance. Also note that volatile players don't react well to being fined/warned.

In FM 10, Kroos has 17 determination, as well as being Resilient, and Unflappable, which are superb personality traits to have, so it seems like they've downgraded him a fair bit for FM12. He's always been a favourite of mine on FM10 as I love a good two-footed midfielder.

Archived