[Friendly] far to travel in same country?

Alaa

evening,

I started FM game as unemplyed, and had a bad (half season) with cuumber - Dutch, then I resigned from my job, and got another start of next season in Santa Clara - Portuguse

now my first question, is when I propose friendly to any portuguse club it shows me that (the board will not sanction this friendly match as it is too far to travel). is it normal? even when I got an unexpected invite to Euro Cup, and reached knockout stage next season, finance seems more that fine now, but still showing the same message.

my second question, I got an offer for one of my players from Man City, the deal included (arrange friendly clause). the transfer deal completed, and didn't get the time for arranging it in that season because of Euro Cup's qualification games and decided to arrange it next pre-season.

i'm in the pre-season now, and when i proposed a friendly match against Man City, they refused it !!

is it 1 season offer to arrange the friendly game?

I got an offer for one of my players from Man City, the deal included (arrange friendly clause). the transfer deal completed, and didn't get the time for arranging it in that season because of Euro Cup's qualification games and decided to arrange it next pre-season.

i'm in the pre-season now, and when i proposed a friendly match against Man City, they refused it !!

is it 1 season offer to arrange the friendly game?

There is a time limit on it yes. It says when you have to arrange the friendly by on the transfer screen when they make the offer. Sounds like you missed the date unfortunately

Very common for me - nice touch. I'm a non-league club. What's your club's reputation?

Santa Clara - Portuguse 2L now 4th in Portuguse PL

its pro national club, with finance status showing OK, and Eurocup Qlf spot

if board expecting at least non-embarrising performance in EC they should allow this friendlies, or not? what do u think?

There is a time limit on it yes. It says when you have to arrange the friendly by on the transfer screen when they make the offer. Sounds like you missed the date unfortunately

Oops, it was a good chance to test the team against much better team. I guess i'll have to test my team with FCP which I managed somehow to snatch a dramatic last minute win in cup match to go to semi-final lol

Santa Clara is a club located in the Azores islands and its 930 miles from Lisbon, 1500 km that is. So it would be too far to travel just for a tiny friendly!

Oh, I see

but i guess it's not so costly to travel inside portuguse!?

or just because of distance? I don't know much about Portugal in fact lol. (while FM showing that my Portuguse knowledge is superb! - just because of managing Santa Clara)

Santa Clara sounds like a good team to manage to me!

for me? it's great..

just need some of good tactical approaches, and some luck signing players on free transfers, or getting them as loans from other teams..

and u can fly with them

this is my 4th season with Santa Clara now, I finished 4th last season, just behind (SLB, FCP, and FC Sporting)!! --> but with big point diffrence

named as Portuguse manager of the year

i guess in 2 or 3 more seasons, I'll be able to grab a spot in Champions Qlf, and compete in leage title

I don't know much about other teams because I started to play late in FM11, and choose to play with my favorite team Man Utd.

this year, I decide to start unemplyed, and the game is much more exciting now lol.

Oh, I see

but i guess it's not so costly to travel inside portuguse!?

or just because of distance? I don't know much about Portugal in fact lol. (while FM showing that my Portuguse knowledge is superb! - just because of managing Santa Clara)

It doesn't matter where you're flying to, 930 miles in a plane is going to cost a lot especially if you're making the journey at least 15 times (although 2 of which will be local derbies v Maritimo and Nacional from the island of Madeira and won't be as far to travel)

EDIT: Spare a thought for Luca-Energiya Vladivostok who take a7 hour flight for every away match! http://en.m.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=FC_Luch-Energiya_Vladivostok&mobileaction=view_normal_site

I had this just last night. I am Eastwood Town who are located in nottinghamshire and i tried to arrange a friendly with bedlington Terriers who are up near newcastle (my home town) and it said it was too far to travel. Its only a 3 hour drive ( I looked it up on the AA route planner lol.)

I like this feature, but am having issues with it as well. Playing as a team from Milwaukee in a fictional US league I created, and it won't let me travel to Chicago for Friendlies, or invite teams from Chicago, which is like an hour or 2 away by bus! In addition, the list of teams it gives me for "smaller reputation," etc, are from California! Doesn't make any sense really. I like this feature, just may have a few bugs.

While I can understand the feature, especially for low-ranking teams, it does somewhat annoy me.

I can't seem to filter clubs that are close enough for friendlies, when I look for other clubs than the 3-4 suggested. Also accepting one of those teams is always their Senior squad, which is not always what I want for my Reserves and U-18 teams. So basically I have to look in the suggestion list. Then open the 'Other clubs' view, and then find that team there, and then arrange a friendly with their reserves or youth squads.

When I just look in the 'All' clubs list (filtered for the country I play in) I have little indication of which teams might be likely to travel to my home ground, or where I am allowed to go. Trying them out, one by one is just very tedious. I don't want to do a google maps search before so I might guess at club names that could be interested.

Archived