A Win Button

Purely for anyone who suffers from crash dumps and knows the pain of reloading and holidaying to get back lost results and spends half their life wasting time to achieve the original results and cup draws and transfers. Before someone shouts well what about cheating, well if people want to cheat they will, it would however give people the opportunity to save time and effort simply getting back the original game.

Been reloading for over 2 hours now in total of one particular save and the game starts the day of a league cup quarter final draw. Only two big teams left Liverpool and City and in maybe 15 reloads at least they have never been drawn together. Seems good luck to me.

Perhaps a way to "emulate" results. If results were saved say every 4 weeks - to a text file or something - then if you emulate those results they happen within the game.

Of course this would only be an option given the dates and the fixtures. So it would be impossible to emulate games you haven't played yet.

Yeah and that's what I do, it's on auto save every week, but it doesn't change beating a big team then a dump and not being able to get the same result back. Some way of saving the results even if the save goes, so you can holiday til the day you got to and the results will be the same even if scorers and stuff change with injuries. It really is annoying. The other option is finally slowing down the amount of crashes that in my experience no other games suffer from and I'm sure there are few out there this bad.

I too save very frequently, in this era of massive hard disks and generally powerful PCs isnt just setting to save once a week pretty painless? How long does it take to save a game? My PC its no more than a handful of seconds in general.

Surely it's just a matter of exporting the result and date to a file. Then you can choose to emulate those results if they match up in fixtures, dates, opposition etc.

Even if the game were to crash at half time or 10 minutes to go - the goals are written to a file externally when scored. Theoretically you could go back to a game with 75 minutes played?

No? I don't know - probably a lot harder than that lol.

So are you saying if you lost a game before the dump you'll play it over and over until you lose it again too? Or is it just the wins?

If my game dumps, it dumps. I simply wipe the fixtures from my mind and play them again as if they never happened. It can be frustrating, but these things happen. And in my experience, the results tend to even themselves out anyway.

you do realise that if you load up the game 10 times the morning of the cup draw, the teams will always be drawed together right ?

only way for it to ever be different is to load up the saved game before the previous cup matches were played and hope 1 of the previous winning clubs lose.

Archived