AI advantage making tactical adjustments

Ive noticed something that has been burning me in this game & that is the ability for the AI to make tactical adjustments without waiting for a period of play to finish.

Example im playing against man u & they are 1-0 up in the 85th minute playing a deep 4-2-3-1 formation. Ive been tweaking all game trying to push for the equaliser & finally i get it in the 85th minute, happy days right. I instantly change my tactics to hold the lead but have to wait for an instantaneous segment of play where suprise suprise man u are playing a 4-2-4 formation. You know whats coming next. Before my tactics have been implemented they score & its 2-1.

This is just unfair, i mean they would never have scored that goal if my tactics had changed (after all the AI was allowed to change tactics). Instead i have to wait 2 minutes. Damn game cost me a champions league spot.

Rant over

my god, how is that even unfair... so AI makes changes... who the F cares! are u that bad of a manager?? Humans have so much more advantage, afterall we do have better reasoning abilities than the AI. if u lose then u lose, its not a cheat. Its not like AI players suddenly gets a boost of stats... dumbest post everrrrrrrr! I think im dumber by just reading it. U dont wanna wait when changing tactics ? then go play on full 3d mode! every time the ball stops, tactics will CHANGE! Gosh, and I thought this post was worth reading......

Speaking about Unfair(s)!

I do save my game before every match or before exit the game. just a habit taken from wining eleven in ps2 which sometimes freeze or stops responding because of using copy CD's. but not doing so to reload a game, I accept the result always. but i remember doing reload 3 times because of (unfair situations)

the most remembable one was too unfair to ignor it.

managing santa clara (portuguse second league club) promoted to PL and I have to do extreamly well to avoid regelation

a match against Braga I approached the game with (Super Defensive) tactic - Counter attacking flexable.

Surprise!! I got a flying start hitting them with a counterattack goal in 7th minute, now I have to face the storm coming

in 23rd minute I added a goal with the same strategy after surviving 4 shots hit the post

just 4 minutes later, my 3rd goal came by IFK converted to fluke header

3-0 seemed like my happy day to me, going into half time with this result!

started the second half conceded a goal after 2 minutes. no problem, i still have 2 goals advantage - i said.

in the 50th minute my FB played a very nice direct ball to my striker, and OH MY he's 1 on 1 with the GK !! scored, it's 4-1 !!

oh wait, flag is up, and i'm like: "Whaaaaat??" I watched the replay, he's onside like 3 or 4 meters away from the defender when played the ball from FB, and he wasn't playing wild so some times because of assisstant angel of view could be confused, he's in between the 2CB's !!

I said Okay, that was bad call, but what could I do? nothing .. lets continue

they played the foul, with few passes, a long rifle rocket shot, from 25 yards. ITS GOAL

that moment I felt that this isn't my happy day, there is something going to happen now, so I got my Marlboro Light, start smoking

converted my tactic to 5-4-1, pure defensive tactic aiming to get stuck in, hassle opponnent, and retain possition. not mentioning clearing ball to flanks.

76th minute, I scored !!

but it was an own goal !! it's 3-3 now, and this was like falling from a cliff.

that time I used my 3 sub(s) allowed, because players were so exhausted.

in 84th minute I got the same counter attack ball I played all game, and again got 1 on 1 with GK. but what happend was a crushing takle from behind just before reaching the box, and I'm playing now against 10 players, which looked good for me. but the thing is "my striker is in pain, and he'll not be able to continue the game!!"

I used him that day just for counter attackes. so, no problem. i'm satisfied with a draw.

93rd minute, a long ball from opposition GK into my half, it looks like the superbly fast striker isn't going to reach it because my GK rushed forward!

THIS IS WHY I DID RELOAD THE GAME:

the GK rushed to collect the ball, but reached to the edge of the box, but instead of catching the ball, or clearing it with his legs, or at least with his head !!

he dived and hit the ball with his shoulder !!!!!

and guess what, the ball didn't go as far as 2 meters, where the striker was waiting.

3-4 :'(

I didn't even think of going into pep talks, or exiting the game noramly. I unplugged the AC cable, and removed the battery off my laptop.

dose this seems unfair to u?

Sometimes it can take too long for a tactical change. Like bringing on a sub, can take 10 minutes. In that time they score or something.

Wish the tactical changes could be sped up a bit.

If the ball doesnt go out in those 10 minutes, it's the exact same as real life, at least for subs. Granted real life teams can adjust tactics on the fly.

If the ball doesnt go out in those 10 minutes, it's the exact same as real life, at least for subs. Granted real life teams can adjust tactics on the fly.

However, the game doesn't calculate from break-play to break-play, it works out segments of the match, and allows tactical changes inbetween

Meaning, you can made a change, and see multiple throw-ins, corners or freekicks before the changes take effect

By-product of how the ME is programmed

I'm quite certain it's been this way since they changed how tactics and subs were made. Prior to this, you clicked the button, and was taken to the tactics screen at the next segment break, meaning you were making changes with full knowledge and play stopped with changes being made straight after. However, this was deemed unrealistic and was changed some years back

"THIS IS WHY I DID RELOAD THE GAME:

the GK rushed to collect the ball, but reached to the edge of the box, but instead of catching the ball, or clearing it with his legs, or at least with his head !!

and guess what, the ball didn't go as far as 2 meters, where the striker was waiting.

3-4 :'("

great explanation style mate :-) wonder if you have any FM story telling blogs?

for the story here, it was surely a bad day for you, but i would'nt reload the game if i were you.. I get used to not to expect fairness from FM or other stuff IRL. as Justice is relative and we should not expect our own fair results and situations from FM or life :-) Harsh Reality is the case.. on the other hand it could be you who converts a result like this, and we are all trended to accept this as a fair result, especially when we win!! :))

I hate the fact that when you make a substitution due to having a player injured or for tactical reasons then the opposition score there is no facility to cancel the sub you were going to make and replace with a different option as happens in real life like conceeding late on when hanging on for a draw so needing another stiker option when the sub you was going to make was a defensive option.

Speaking about Unfair(s)!

I do save my game before every match or before exit the game. just a habit taken from wining eleven in ps2 which sometimes freeze or stops responding because of using copy CD's. but not doing so to reload a game, I accept the result always. but i remember doing reload 3 times because of (unfair situations)

the most remembable one was too unfair to ignor it.

managing santa clara (portuguse second league club) promoted to PL and I have to do extreamly well to avoid regelation

a match against Braga I approached the game with (Super Defensive) tactic - Counter attacking flexable.

Surprise!! I got a flying start hitting them with a counterattack goal in 7th minute, now I have to face the storm coming

in 23rd minute I added a goal with the same strategy after surviving 4 shots hit the post

just 4 minutes later, my 3rd goal came by IFK converted to fluke header

3-0 seemed like my happy day to me, going into half time with this result!

started the second half conceded a goal after 2 minutes. no problem, i still have 2 goals advantage - i said.

in the 50th minute my FB played a very nice direct ball to my striker, and OH MY he's 1 on 1 with the GK !! scored, it's 4-1 !!

oh wait, flag is up, and i'm like: "Whaaaaat??" I watched the replay, he's onside like 3 or 4 meters away from the defender when played the ball from FB, and he wasn't playing wild so some times because of assisstant angel of view could be confused, he's in between the 2CB's !!

I said Okay, that was bad call, but what could I do? nothing .. lets continue

they played the foul, with few passes, a long rifle rocket shot, from 25 yards. ITS GOAL

that moment I felt that this isn't my happy day, there is something going to happen now, so I got my Marlboro Light, start smoking

converted my tactic to 5-4-1, pure defensive tactic aiming to get stuck in, hassle opponnent, and retain possition. not mentioning clearing ball to flanks.

76th minute, I scored !!

but it was an own goal !! it's 3-3 now, and this was like falling from a cliff.

that time I used my 3 sub(s) allowed, because players were so exhausted.

in 84th minute I got the same counter attack ball I played all game, and again got 1 on 1 with GK. but what happend was a crushing takle from behind just before reaching the box, and I'm playing now against 10 players, which looked good for me. but the thing is "my striker is in pain, and he'll not be able to continue the game!!"

I used him that day just for counter attackes. so, no problem. i'm satisfied with a draw.

93rd minute, a long ball from opposition GK into my half, it looks like the superbly fast striker isn't going to reach it because my GK rushed forward!

THIS IS WHY I DID RELOAD THE GAME:

3-4 :'(

I didn't even think of going into pep talks, or exiting the game noramly. I unplugged the AC cable, and removed the battery off my laptop.

dose this seems unfair to u?

I think that's pretty pathetic to be honest. Your fault for using all 3 subs when the game was in the balance... You were playing against a FAR superior side, in which even if you set the correct tactics, doen't mean they have a god given right to be successful. I think you should have taken teh defeat.

Archived