Newcastle

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">How do people seem to do so well with newcastle, i have struggled every time i have tried </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i suppose it depends on the players you bring in, personally whenever i play as newcastle i spend most of my transfer budget tryin to sort out the team. HAving said that the highest i've finished in my first season with them is 5th, and i've seen people finish higher. I guess tactics play a big part as well.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fattyg:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">How do people seem to do so well with newcastle, i have struggled every time i have tried </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i suppose it depends on the players you bring in, personally whenever i play as newcastle i spend most of my transfer budget tryin to sort out the team. HAving said that the highest i've finished in my first season with them is 5th, and i've seen people finish higher. I guess tactics play a big part as well. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep. I'm 11mil in the red with them at the moment, but after a poor start in the 2nd season I'm climbing up the table, and hoping to succeed in Europe.

Squad should be good enough to last a few years without too much spending.

The problem with Newcastle is all the injuries to start with. But there is a decent transfer budget. Buy a goalie. Why? Cos Given is out for quite a while and the other guys don't cut it. The two times I've bought Lloris I finished 3rd and 4th. the other times..... hehe I was fired by November one time.

buy some cheap solid guys to fill in for a bit. Honestly I got Dempsey for around 2.8 and he was a rock for me til December. Able to fill in at every midfield position and do well. A couple of other tweaks and Newcastle is pretty good. No reserve team to speak of so focus on getting good youngsters as cheap as you can for a couple seasons and Newcastle is a power.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The problem with Newcastle is all the injuries to start with. But there is a decent transfer budget. Buy a goalie. Why? Cos Given is out for quite a while and the other guys don't cut it. The two times I've bought Lloris I finished 3rd and 4th. the other times..... hehe I was fired by November one time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha o dear. Having said that I think Harper is good enough to cut it for one season, but the key is having a good defence infront of him, i bought fernando meira and him and taylor made a pretty good centre back partnership. Theres certainly no need to change upfront really, martings and owen are awesome. Midfield always needs a bit of work on as well what with duff and barton out. But theres certainly the money there to do it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Yep. I'm 11mil in the red with them at the moment, but after a poor start in the 2nd season I'm climbing up the table, and hoping to succeed in Europe.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I always seem to do badly with them second season, i don't know what it is and i always let the bank balance get away from me. I think the fact that the transfer budget is so big often distracts me and i end up spending too much money.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jamiehex:

The problem with Newcastle is all the injuries to start with. But there is a decent transfer budget. Buy a goalie. Why? Cos Given is out for quite a while and the other guys don't cut it. The two times I've bought Lloris I finished 3rd and 4th. the other times..... hehe I was fired by November one time.

buy some cheap solid guys to fill in for a bit. Honestly I got Dempsey for around 2.8 and he was a rock for me til December. Able to fill in at every midfield position and do well. A couple of other tweaks and Newcastle is pretty good. No reserve team to speak of so focus on getting good youngsters as cheap as you can for a couple seasons and Newcastle is a power. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've yet to buy a goalie. Snapped up a Bulgaria goalie on a free, but other than that Krul has been more than good enough when Given is out.

Pretty much bought a new squad, with a few remaining. Solid DCs and a very talented midfield and attack, but my tactics aren't the best.

Sold/released most of the older squad members.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by fattyg:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The problem with Newcastle is all the injuries to start with. But there is a decent transfer budget. Buy a goalie. Why? Cos Given is out for quite a while and the other guys don't cut it. The two times I've bought Lloris I finished 3rd and 4th. the other times..... hehe I was fired by November one time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

haha o dear. Having said that I think Harper is good enough to cut it for one season, but the key is having a good defence infront of him, i bought fernando meira and him and taylor made a pretty good centre back partnership. Theres certainly no need to change upfront really, martings and owen are awesome. Midfield always needs a bit of work on as well what with duff and barton out. But theres certainly the money there to do it.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Yep. I'm 11mil in the red with them at the moment, but after a poor start in the 2nd season I'm climbing up the table, and hoping to succeed in Europe.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I always seem to do badly with them second season, i don't know what it is and i always let the bank balance get away from me. I think the fact that the transfer budget is so big often distracts me and i end up spending too much money. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep. I need this season to go successfully. Anything less than 5th in the league and Euro Cup semi is a failure. Dumping Arsenal out in FA cup 3rd round away has helped a bit.

ive just finished my 3rd season, ive finished 7th, 5th, 4th the board are happy but any bid over 20million mike ashley accepts, but it never goes in the balance? icon_confused.gif at the end of 3rd season i had 20 million in bank but he offers me a 50 million £ budget for title challenge?

seems strange that hes giving me more money than we've got and we seem to be losing money every month even though im 600k under the wage budget and my highest paid player is 66,000 a week.

could he be giving himself a few back handers?????? icon_eek.gif

I just finished 2nd season. Came 6th again with them. For a while I had insecure finances, but now I have quite a bit of money in the bank.

Unexpected UEFA cup success helped. Ashley accepted a 7.5mil bid for Jose Enrique (who I didn't need anyway), but left it up to me to decide to accept Man Utd's 30mil bid for Fernandez.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by frosdick007:

hi there i am newcaslte in 1st season and playing well i have spend a lot of money ans got rid of a lot of players.

sold owen martins given milner vinka

but i am playing with wing back and play really well </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let me get this right... you sold four of Newcastle's best players and a player that doesn't exist?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by benjawi.:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by frosdick007:

hi there i am newcaslte in 1st season and playing well i have spend a lot of money ans got rid of a lot of players.

sold owen martins given milner vinka

but i am playing with wing back and play really well </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let me get this right... you sold four of Newcastle's best players and a player that doesn't exist? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Viduka maybe? icon_razz.gif

I sold Martins and Milner the month I took over.

Viduka is so fat and slow, doesnt cut it.

In My first season i came 5th man city came 4 by a point. I bought in van der vart and tbh he got the most assists on my team but his long rang shooting is woeful.

Owen didnt really get going for me i signed him up to a new contract but looking to dump him soon.

Martins was the real stand out with 27 goals.

I also signed luka modric and man u offered 25 mil for him but i knocked them back.

Sold van der vart to man u and bought in mark bresciano.

Also sold emre and bought bale. Bale has already scored more goals from free kicks in 4 games then van der vart did for me.

so far won 4 out of 5 games in 2nd season

In my sixth season, finished fourth my first season, and first every other. Cup wins most of those years.

First season, I sold Owen, Barton, Viduka, Butt, bought Mati Fernandez. Bought Lulinha whom I then sold a year later for US60m, from then I was off and running. At present we are world's richest club have a worth of US1.5b.

No other original Newcastle players remain...except captain Steven Taylor.

hey guys, been playing with Newcastle since FM... must admit the team is s*#%^ and by 3rd season, i would have changed at least 60-70% of the team... Only Given & Talyor stood the test of time in all my games...

Just restart a game 1 month ago with 48 leagues loaded. Man it's tough with tons of good players around... Now in the 2nd season of Newcastle in FM08 fighting for 2nd spot in Feb. Finished as 5th in the 1st season.

Always bought defender and midfielder to survive 1st season then groom youngster (Andy C* and Miller and Z'bgo) for future...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lewisgayle:

How do people seem to do so well with newcastle, i have struggled every time i have tried </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lots of people use the GPG forum (rent-a-team) so they don't have to worry about such things as finding players. Then head to the tactics forum for a killer match-engine exploiting tactic so you don't have to worry about such things as tactics and you are well on your way icon_rolleyes.gificon_wink.gif

Archived