Poll - When do you think the iOS game will be released?

When will FMH2012 be released for ios?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. When will FMH2012 be released for ios?

• November 28th
    • December 2nd
    • December 5th
    • December 13th

Place your bets now guys!

The wisdom of crowds theory Suggests that a combined average answer should prove to be quite accurate!!

And Mark - closing my last thread - ouch! I was only speaking the truth!!! Taking a trip down to Old street tomorrow to brick a window in retaliation! (JOKE!)

• SI Staff

Pleased don't spam the forum with these threads - they're ultimately rather pointless I'm afraid (as I can't say anything either way) and will just serve to frustrate and wind people up.

PS - Throwing bricks in Old Street wouldn't really affect me, I live in Florida ... but hey, knock yourself out - just let me know when and where you'll be so I can ensure that the police are present to thank you for your efforts ;)

Bubble burst....

Well.. Maybe!

Apple do take a little bit of time to approve apps... I'm guessing email notification of app store approval does occur the day before.. But the app does need to be approved? Pff.. Who knows! Certainly not me or you... Almost certainly Mark, but his mafia name is Mark 'Jimmy tight lips' Vaughan.

Of course it needs to be approved, if it isn't then many apps that shouldn't be up for sale will be. The whole approval thing is to test for major bugs and the app's quality to ensure the app store isn't full of rubbish.

Marc cannot tell you, it isn't his job to though I know he wants to. It isn't SI's rules but Apple's.

Jesus Dec mate you need to calm down on the blokes that don't have too many posts, they're only new to the site. Just because you're the big shot around here doesn't mean you can throw your weight around, be nice.

I'm still convinced the game'll come without any prior notice whatsoever.

Of course it needs to be approved, if it isn't then many apps that shouldn't be up for sale will be. The whole approval thing is to test for major bugs and the app's quality to ensure the app store isn't full of rubbish.

If only that were true of course. The app store is full of garbage including apps with no sound, unfinished graphics, some that don't work well. The Apple policy is obviously to take some care over high profile releases, and very little over everything else.

They also filter out the bugs which can potentially do malicious things to your device, or other things that are not allowed.

For example if someone were to upload an app which without the user knowing it logs every username and password that you use to log into websites, that app would not be approved.

Other apps that are not approved are e.g. apps which enables you to play NES/SNES/Gameboy games, apps with nudity, etc. A hyped dev app got rejected not too long ago because the app allowed the user to download and run code. The developer had to resubmit the app without that feature.

Regarding "Apple does not allow SI to talk about future releases": I highly doubt that this is the case. Plenty of developers advertise what will be in future releases, some developers even have it in the apps' descriptions in the App Store.

On the other hand a lot of software dev/publishing companies choose not to mention anything about future release which they can not be 100% sure will make it in. Why some features might not make it in? Could be many reasons, maybe it was decided it wasn't a fun feature, or maybe Apple decided it was against some of their guidelines?

So let's say SI announces some awesome feature. Then Apple decides they won't allow it. First, people get angry, some at SI, some at Apple. Then someone bought the game, didn't know that the feature had been axed but instead expecting it to be there. Then when it isn't, that opens the door for more disappointment, and lawsuits since the feature was advertised.

As an example, see what happened with EA and Battlefield 3 on the PS3. First EA announces free Battlefield 1943 to all PS3 customers. Then they announce that PS3 is getting access to additional extra content before everyone else is getting it, however they did not make it clear that the content was meant to replace BF1943. Then BF3 was released, people were surprised that BF1943 was not there, people sued EA EA gave in and now PS3 is getting early additional content AND BF1943.

Apple store update -

Price of Old game has been increased to £8.99

This will be in preparation for the launch of the new game to go into this same slot (To prevent having 2011 still available to purchase when 2012 is released)

Those of you that clicked the 2nd December - You where close.. but no cigar!

December the 5th here we come!

(Maybe!)

Apple store update -

Price of Old game has been increased to £8.99

This will be in preparation for the launch of the new game to go into this same slot (To prevent having 2011 still available to purchase when 2012 is released)

Those of you that clicked the 2nd December - You where close.. but no cigar!

December the 5th here we come!

(Maybe!)

lol you make it sound like it IS coming the 5th of December. I certinaly wont be buying the game if its anything over 5.99 (i think this is how much i got FMH 2011) due to me just buying infinity blade 2 and The Bards Tale.

Personally i think its a joke that its going to be released less than a month before the new transfer windows open, dont get me wrong i will still be downloading the game but its ridiculous that it has taken this long and still no official release date!!!! This game should be sold at a reduced price to loyal FM fans as compensation for waiting this long. This year im not looking forward to christmas, im looking forward to playing football manager 2012 on my iphone!!!

Archived