'Tails for Wales always fails"

jackripper

Fm11- 11.3.

Decided to re load FM up and have a crack at an International save. Started with my home country Wales. Started out as a sunday league footballer as didnt want to be hounded out by lots of clubs.

Wales World Ranking-84

Star Players- Gareth Bale, Aarom ramsey and Craig Bellamy.

Expectations --To do well in the euro qualifiers and to nurture the countrys youth and try to fulfil there potential.

Wales have only ever been to one World Cup in 1958 and lost to Peles brazil in the Quarter finals.

Competition				    Year                     Acheivements		Country
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Four Associations Tournament                2012                        Runners Up               Wales
European Championships                      2012	                N/A			 Wales
Four Associations Tournament                2013                        Winners                  Wales
World Cup                                   2014                        2nd round                Wales		

Career History.

Country          Days in Charge		Games Played		Won		Drew		Lost		Win %
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wales            1475			45			20		11		14		44%

Pre Match report

So my first game in charge and if i knew how tough the job would be id certainly find out right away just exactly where i stand. We headed into the match missing Gareth Bale, Arraon Ramsey Jack collison and Brian Stock all ruled out injured. Then to top it off Craig Bellamy, Chris Gunter and Andy King are all pulled out by there respective (i did use other words but kids might be watching) Managers and so i go into the match with more youngsters and players who wont play on this stage possibly for the rest of there career.

9th Aug 2010

Freindly

Wales Vs Luxembourg

I decided to approach with a 4-3-2-1 attacking formation with shot quick passing and looking to play in my wide men as much as possible. However without my big guns i knew wed probably struggle today. The likes of Robson-Kanu though have a chance to impress me today. The 1st half was closely contested and we spurned a great opportunity when Ledley put through Kanu but his miss one on one was signs of the class of the lad to be honest. I made 3 changes at Half time with Earnie replacing Vokes as the sole striker. David Edwards and David Jones were both replaced for Joe allen and Jazi richards. We finally got the breakthrough we deserved when a free kick from the right fell to Collins in the box who slotted it across for Richards who cooly slotted it into an empty net for a goal on his debut. However on 69 mins Luxembourg slipped through one on one when Danny Collins took the last man. Straight red for the Centre back. Despite going a man down we Still tried to play football the right way and nearly scored when Gabbidon hit the post. We did take the lead when a corner from Luxembourg was cleared right up field and Earnie used his pace to finish the one on one. Counter attacking at its finest. Final Score 2-0.

MOTM-Substitute Jazi richards.

Pre Match Report

walessq.jpg

The first game of the Euros Qualifying campaign coming up against Montenegro and after our last result against Luxembourg i was feeling a tad confident if we played the way we did. Gareth Bale, Andy King and Chris Gunter return to the squad. Cotterill is also called up however Bellamy and Ramsey are both missing. The likes of Thatcher, Gabbidon and Oster now the wrong side of 30 it will probably be the last chance these players get. Especially Thatcher who possibly wont make the next squad nows hes 34.

European Championship Qualifying Group G

Montenegro vs Wales

Match stats

Hennessy,Gunter,D.Collins,J Collins,Ricketts,Ledley,Vaughn,Jones,Cotterill,Bale,Evans, Is my starting line up. We went into the game probably agreeing that a draw would be a great result. We started brightly and created a few chances and some of the football was a joy to watch with us short passing making sure its quick also. it was like watching Brazil at times without the goalscorer. Our good football paid off when Cotterill broke free down the right and was tripped in the box to win us a penatly. Up stepped James Collins to put is 1-0 up before half time. In the 2nd half i told the lads not to go and sit back with us in the lead as the pressure would probably count for them so the game plan was to carry on attacking and hoping if they do put us under pressure a quick counter would suit us. How we didnt score again in the 2nd half was crazy with all the possesion and pressure we put Montenegro under i dont know. We looked brilliant again with this new short style we are trying to create here at Wales. We come away with 3 points and a clean sheet. Excellent.

League Table

Pre Match Report

With us only jetting back from Montenegro recently we find ourselves preparing for a freindly with Hong Kong. Il probably make a lot of changes for this game so shortly after a gruelling trip to Montenegro. I want to build a squad capable of reaching the next world Cup which is my goal. Not just rely on a good first 11. So again another chance to see what these young lads can do as we prepare for the arrival of

Hong Kong. I decided my starting 11 would be Hennesy in goal. Full backs would be Ricketts and Eardley, Ashley Williams partners Gabbidon at the back. in the middle of the park ive completly changed it with David Edwards, Andy King and Joe allen all starting. Bale and Cotterill were the only survivors as both passed 100% fit and Church would be the striker.

Friendly

Wales Vs Hong Kong

Match stats

Despite there low stature in World football i knew this would be a tight game. Especially with the speed and agility of the hong kong players. I knew this would be a great test not just for character but for fitness aswell. After some sloppy play we fell behind when the striker squeezed the ball passed Hennesy in the 24th minute. Cotteril thought he had scored but was ruled offside after a lovely through ball by Bale. Church then missed a clear chance when one on one hitting it straight at the keeper. We continued to play football but they kept catching us on the break. At half time i decided to push up Joe Allen just behind Earnshaw who replaced Church at the break hoping he could support Earnie and hopefully win a few knock ons to the pacy striker. We came so close to scoring in the 2nd half when a 30 yard thunderbolt cannons off the bar off the line and straight back out as Edwards unleashes a right foot shot. A goal which deserved to win the game if it had gone in. A glorious chance goes begging as earnie drags a shot wide when through on goal. We created so many chances but again we didnt put them away. It didnt help that whenever we built up some momentum Hong Kong would just give silly fouls away to stop it which didnt go down to well with me, But if thats the way they want to play then so be it. However pathetic it is. Rant Over! My first defeat even if it was only a freindly. 1-0 the final score.

Pre Match Report

After that sour defeat to Hong Kong recently i decided to call back my strongest team available to me with the likes of Ledley, Collins and Gunter those that were returning. We would be facing Bulgaria at home. Not as good as the days of Stoitchkov and Letchkov but with Martin Petrov he can do that little bit of magic that can win games so we have to be aware of him at the back. Ramsey is now in light training at Arsenal but wont make this game or the next in 4 days time against Switzerland. A win here should set us up nicely going into the away game against Switzerland who are probably favourites to finish runners up behind England. Bellamys out for 2 months. We are also sweating on the fitness of Wayne Hennessy who will face a late fitness test as close as the game i can. A few days before the game and Bale pulls up injured which is just great news. Again we miss our 3 stars in Bale, Bellamy and Ramsey. And then to mak matters even worse Gabbidon decides to retire from International football. Then again is that a bad thing? he wasnt in my starting eleven but his experience will be missed. He went on to make 45 appearances for Wales.

Wales Vs Bulgaria

Match stats

Brown Replaces the injured Hennesy in goal. Gunter, Ricketts and both Collins's occupy the back four. In the middle ive gone for Jones and Ledley with Vaughn and cotteril on the wings with Dave Edwards playing just behind Sam Vokes. If we can keep the Petrovs quite we have a great chance of taking all 3 points today, However with me now using my 3rd striker in 4 games im still looking for some one to replace Bellamy as our main goal threat. We attacked from the off and showed our intention and when Cotterill was allowed to turn on the edge of the box his cross was met by Vokes head to put us ahead after 6 mins. However we didnt build on the good start and Bulgaria slowly crawled there way back into the game. both teams created few chances but none that would see a goal scored in the 1st half. We were 8 minutes away from 3 points but Kirilov had other ideas when he poked in the equaliser. Disapointing to finish 1-1 but it was probably a fair result despite the fact we had 19 shots at goal.

League Table

Despite the draw we still sit in 2nd but we now face Group leaders Switzerland next and with England pushing us we must get a result.

Pre Match Report

4 days later and we travel to group leaders Switzerland. A win would see us top but that was looking unlikely especially with Cotterill and Edwards looking tired and dropped to the bench for this key game.

Switzerland Vs Wales

Match stats

It only took 7 minutes for Switzerland to show why they are top of the group when they tore through my team and scoring straight away. Eduardo then grabbed his 2nd just 2 minutes later as we looked dead and buried before the clock reached double figures. Joe Ledley then pulled one back with a low drive from edge of the box. Half time and we knew we were slightly back in the game. As we pushed we left ourselves wide open and they capatalized when they went 3-1 up. Before completing the rout woth 6 mins to spare. 4-1 defeat but im happy with the way they players played. Especially with the star players out.

League Table

We slip behind England in 3rd.

Friendly

Wales Vs Iceland

With the final game of the year despite it being a friendly i decided a win was needed for the confidence of my team so the likes of Bale, Gunter and Cotterill all started. We totally dominated scoring 3 goals with Bale, Edwards and Ched Evans all getting on the score sheet. Iceland managed to pull one back but we were home and dry and finished the year with a great result.

Four Assoc Tournament

N.Ireland vs Wales

So a new year and a new competition. One i hoped we could do well in. We started this year as good as we ended it. With Ramsey making his return since his horrific injury. Bale also playing meant that we were only missing Bellamy from the Trio. Again we scored 3 goals with Edwards, Cotterill and Vokes all scoring. With England up next our good form should do us well with us hoping to nick a point off the group favourites. 3-1 the final score.

Battle Of Britain part 1

If we were going to have a sneaky chance of qualifying for the Euros then getting a result at home to England is a must. We still miss Bellamy who again seems to have picked up another long term injury this time with his hip. However Bale and Ramsey both start. We currently sit 2 points behind England. for the first time in a few years we also sold out the Millenium Stadium with 72.500 people crammed in.

Wales V England

Match stats

A shocking start to the game as Fat Frank lampard scores within 3 minutes. As we chased the game england countered us and won a penatly in the 32nd minute which Frank Lampard scored his second and there second of the game. We didnt really create much in the first half as they already seemed to kill the game off. we gave a better showing in the 2nd half and came close when Church headed against the crossbar. Then Wayne rooney decided to round my keeper and tap it into an empty net. 3-0. 2 minutes later Bale down the left shot and scored to pull one back. Defoe then killed the game off when he slotted the ball past Hennessy killing off any slim chance of a come back. Ashley Cole then added a 5th, Despite the scoreline we played some good football at times but the class difference shone through. I mean for relying on someone getting goals for you who would you prefer Rooney or Church?

League Table

Probably the end of our campaign which is disapointing but my aim realistically was to build a squad capable of qualifying for the next World Cup.

Four Assoc Tournament

Ireland Vs Wales

After our 3-1 win in the opening game of the tournament we travelled to Ireland to face the favourites. James Collins and David Jones both miss out on the double header through injury. I decided to give Cardiff prodigy Adam Matthews a start at right back. Bale is one yellow card away from missing the match against Scotland. Which of course with my recent luck he manages to recieve after pulling down Mcgeady. Ched Evans should of scored midway through the first half but a poor finish after some good build up play let us down. A long run from Keane saw his shot come back of the post. Ireland then took the lead in the 2nd half when O Brien jumped highest at the back post to header the ball in from the corner. However immediatly Bale broke through and saw his shot drive across the body of Given to equalise. Ashley Williams then hit the cross bar. 75th minute and Andy Reid brings down Gunter on the edge of the box. up steps Bale 2-1. A brilliant free kick. Its a shame our 2 goal hero will miss the Scotland game. We will miss Bale big time. Final Score Ireland 1-2 Wales.

Wales Vs Scotland

We went into the game as group leaders and feeling confident against the Scots. However a 35 yard thunderbolt by boyd saw Scotland take the lead. We continued to push forward but again lacked the clinical touch when it come to putting the ball into the net. Again our god possesion led to nothing as a long clearance from Scotland saw Miller pick up the ball out wide an deliver a cross for boyds 2nd of the game. Evans then pulled one back but was it to late for the comeback with 8 mins to go. In the end we lost to the better team with the only positive was the performance of 17 year old adam Matthews.

League Table

A draw against Scotland would of seen us win the tournament but it wasnt to be. However we performed brilliant in this tournament with 2 wins out 3. Hopefully we can build upon this in preparation for the world Cup qualifying campaign.

Friendlies

Scotland Vs Wales

So we again face Scotland this time in a friendly. I made a couple of changes to the squad. A draw would of been a fair result that id happily take and that is what we got when Ched Evans scored on 10 mins. Boyd pulled one back before adding a 2nd. We fought back and managed to salvage the draw when Andy King scored to make the final score 2-2, A fair result.

Wales Vs Serbia-

only 2 days later we would be facing Serbia. Why the FA create these friendlies so close i dont know. I guess though it will show the strength of my squad as players will be changed im sure. The match was dreadful as we were completly dominated right from the start. We lost the game 4-1. Andy King again scoring on 88 minutes.

Algeria Vs Wales

For the first time since taking charge of Wales i have finally been able to call up Craig Bellamy. Our captian who has been missed steps straight into the starting eleven. Bale misses the game due to injury so i call up Man uniteds youngster Tom Lawrence. Also recalled was Joe Ledley. I wanted nothing less than a win despite them being ranked 35th in the world. We surely have better players than Algeria. After some brilliant play down the left by Bellamy and Ricketts a ball was whipped in where Vokes rised the highest and put us 1-0 up. A red card for Algeria ws then shown halfway through the 1st half. Bellamy thought he had scored on his return but was ruled out for offside. Joe Ledley then doubled our lead on 77 mins, Bellamy again had a goal ruled off before Cotterill completed the win with a simple tap in 3-0 the final score.

Pre Match report

Back to the qualifying campaign with a double header against England and Montenegro. With me thinking qualifying maybe a step to far i still want to build for the next world cup qualifying campaign and good results in this campaign will help us get a better seed for the draw. Considering where ranked 66th at the moment.

Wales V Montenegro

Match stats

For the first time ever i have managed to put out my strongest squad. Bellamy Bale and Ramsey all play as do Ledley and James Collins. The first half was a tightly contested affair with both teams looking to get that opener but to the defences credit both sets stood firm. Second half Bale shows his class by curling in a 25 yard free kick. The man is deadly from that area. 1-0. soon after from th same spot Bales free kick smashes against the cross bar and the ball falls nicely to joe Ledley who has the simple task of putting us 2-0 up. Lazovic pulls one back with a diving header in the 64th minute. Craig Bellamy then sealed the 3-1 win with 2 minutes to go as we cruised to a great win.

England Vs Wales

Match stats

So we travelled over the severn bridge and headed towards Wembley off the back of a great result. If we played like we did against Montenegro then we had a chance of atleast snatching a draw. However after the 5-1 hammering last time around i was feeling skeptical. Things didnt help when rooney opened the deadlock on 24 mins.Gerrard added a 2nd after the interval and straight away i felt the floodgates would now open. However we held on and even had a goal disallowed through Edwards. Bellamy then recievied his marching orders in the dying moments which will result in a ban. A 2-0 defeat wasnt that bad.

League Table

Still sitting in 3rd place which isnt bad at all. Miles away from the top two though.

Wales V Switzerland

Not usually my style but i wouldnt of minded losing this game if it helps them finish as group winners ahead of England. Crazy i know but i still put out my best team as i want to rise as far as i can in the world rankings. We also came so close to an upset when we took the lead through Vokes. However the lead was short lived as a quick double by Frei blew us away and we couldnt recover after that. Final score 1-2.

Bulgaria V Wales

The final game of a mixed campaign saw us travel to Bulgaria where i wanted to finish with a win. The winners of this game would finish in 3rd spot which for us would be a great achievment. We knew though that this would be a difficult game. Both teams came out the traps fast but Bulgaria were faster when they scored on 14 mins, However Cotterill immediatly pegged them back with an equaliser 3 mins later. An Own goal just before half time by Gunter restored Bulgarias lead. Kolev then finished us off to make it 3-1 and no way back from there. But then James Collins popped up with a goal on 72 mins and game right back on. We pushed looking for the equaliser but it didnt come and we finally lost 3-2.

Final League Table

Disapointing we couldnt hold onto 3rd place but atleast we didnt finish bottom....hahahahaha montenegro.

confr.jpg

Friendlies

Poland 2-2 Wales

A friendly up now as we travel to Poland. I decided i would use this game and play my best players again as i want to build the morale up in the squad which is quite low at the moment. Poland took the lead but Bale equalised as we held on for a good draw.

Hungary 0-1 Wales

After hearing the shocking news that ex Wales manager Gary Speed has passed away i thought what better way than winning this match as a show of what he was trying to acheive with Wales before i took the reins. We played superbly as my plyers gave everything and we won the match when an unlikely goalscorer in Sam Ricketts popped up on 47 mins with a low drive to seal a 1-0 win.

wcqf.jpg

So the draw for the world cup qualifying campaign has been drawn and again we pick out in my eyes a group that is certainly winnable. Serbia and Russia will be favoruites for the top 2 spots and Scotland could be tricky but if we win our home games we might..might win this group or atleast qaulify.

Friendly

Wales 3-2 Moldova

With this game being used as prepartion i again fielded my strongest squad available hoping to continue the good form we have recently shown. If we win this one then we would be looking good going into the upcoming qualifiers. With Moldova not exactly the worlds best i knew we had a great chance to put them to the sword. However they had different ideas and pegged us right until the 94th minute when Bale popped up with the winner. the final score being 3-2. Goals scored by Ledley,jones and Bale.

Friendly

Mexico 4-2 Wales

The final prepartion and this time we play against one of the Worlds top teams in Mexico. Blessed with pace all through the squad and the finishing of Javier Hernandez means well have to be at our best for the full 90 minutes. If we ever needed reminding how much as a nation we miss a goalscorer would be it would be today as Mexicos shining star destroyed us with 4 goals. Hernandez ripped my ageing defence apart. we did manage to pull 2 back but we were comfortably beating by the Mexicans. Maybe my oldies need replacing but who with? We are not exactly bursting with talent at the moment. We move on....

The future??

So i decided after that Mexico result that i would promote some youngsters into the squad and these were the best i could find.

Micheal Cartwright

Lee Jones

Micheal Owen

Martin Jones

The very best i could find of welsh talent after scouring the UK. They look promising and despite there young age i feel if there good enough to play then it doesnt matter how old they are.

The future??

The very best i could find of welsh talent after scouring the UK. They look promising and despite there young age i feel if there good enough to play then it doesnt matter how old they are.

Quite right.

Friendly

Wales 3-3 Malta

with me promoting 4 youngsters i decided i would try them out in the upcoming friendly with Malta to see how well they do. Owen started as the lone striker. Behind him would be Cartwright while Martin Jones would be right wing. Lee Jones will get the 2nd half as striker. It was a nervous start by us which was understandable and it didnt help when Malta opened the scoring. However Collins then equalised from the spot just before half time. Bale put us 2-1 up on 48 mins. Malta then managed to pull it back on 79th minute but then upstepped 16 year old striker Lee jones to score on the 83rd minute. Dream debut for the youngster. It was short lived though as we were again pegged back and conceded a late equaliser.

World Cup Qualifying Group 2

Wales 2-0 Serbia

After good performances from Cartwight and Jones in the recent friendly i was torn on wether to start them or go with the more experienced Bellamy and Edwards. I decided to have faith in my two 16 year olds and they both started the match against the group favourites. It seemed to have paid off because the energy running through my team today was exceptional and all that showed when we scored 2 goals through Bale and Church without reply. A brilliant start to the campaign. Micheal Cartwright is now the youngest ever player in World Cup Qualifying in europe of all time. Something to be proud of.

Despite the win we are now ranked 82 in the World Rankings.

Scotland 3-2 Wales

Can we continue the good form we have shown all year against Scotland? Our first away game even if it is only up the road. We played ever so well going behind twice and clawing it back, Jones scoring his 2nd for wales. However with 3 minutes injury time added on it defies me when Scotland manage to score in the 96th minute. It sickens me in fact. all that hard work for sweet FA. Why cant we report this crap? Shocking refereeing cost us a vital point.

League Table

Despite the loss we are still right in there with 1 point behind the leaders.

Wales 4-1 San Marino

The whipping boys of Europe next and i expected a win straight from the off. A goal by 16 year old Cartwright set us on our way. Bale added 2 more before the 11th minute. Cotterill added the 4th just before half time. Goalscoring machine Lee jones then replaced Church at half time. Unfortunatly he didnt bring his shooting boots today as we just took our foot off the gas a little. Even letting them score a goal. Convincing win and performance and espcially the first half.

League Table

Sitting in 2nd place behind leaders Russia only 1 point behind.

Friendly

Wales 2-0 Cyprus

The last game of 2012 and it ended with a victory. Bale scored both goals. Looking at the results for the whole year we only lost 2 games which for us is great. We are slowly getting to where i feel we should be as a force in World Football. We just need to carry on next year and hopefully qualify for the World Cup.

70011235.jpg

_45031168_3d3cbff0-577a-40f4-9ea0-c11cea743bd7.gif

Four Association Tournament

4ass.jpg

We have finally won a tournament. Who would of thought it? Even if if was only the four ass. tournament. We won it thanks to Scotland and N.Ireland only managing to draw in the final game. We played well through the tournament with a win over N.Ireland. draws then against what you could call stronger opposition saw us top the table. This is our first ever trophy as a nation regardless of the size of the competition. We can now build on this woth the qualifiers and hopefully we can make it to the World Cup.

newsxt.jpg

new3dy.jpg

We have now picked up some consistency on the not losing side but we are still managing a few draws. If we can turn them into wins then we will definataly make the World Cup.

I decided to sort some of the back room staff out. I got rid of my Assistant manager Dean Saunders and replaced him with Ryan Giggs. Recently retired Craig Bellamy is also added to the coaching staff. Also helping out will be Warren Joyce and Rene Muelesteen who are both world class Manchester United coaches. This will hopefully aid me further into my rebuild in ensuring Wales become a World force.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTyVzOI096lTlZ9Vqk336d-pT0jhM3W0UBOl-YQmVAr2D5sEf4pxQ

gruuup.jpg

fixhx.jpg

perfo.jpg

The pictures say a thousand words...You are not going crazy and seeing things..Yes we have qualified for the World Cup in Brazil..whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo...not only did we qualify but we went through the campaign drawing twice and losing once. Both against Russia and the defeat to Scotland. I felt i was onto something special with the likes of Bale and Ramsey but it was the likes of Andy King, joe Ledley and Wayne Hennesy who deserve a huge mention aswell. We have a squad now capable of mixing it with the top teams in Europe. im not saying we are up there with the likes of Brazil and Germany but we are slowly getting there. It also helps that my oldest player is 31 in James Collins so there is a few more years for my players to blossom as an International force.

If i told you Wales would top the group and Scotland wouldve finished 2nd you would of probably laughed in my face but my players stepped up. Okay we got lucky on a few results but lets not forget to point out the fact that wins against Serbia twice is no mean feat. We did it because my players are willing to die for each other.

Im soooo happy right now i could scream............Now while the whole of Wales is jumping with joy we have to dust ourselves down and plan ahead to the World Cup, Starting with our new World Cup suits.

Friendlies

Cyprus 3-2 Wales

So as we bring our heads down from the clouds we were now faced with two friendlies. the first being Cyprus. i decided to play all the reserves so they have a chance of being on that plane come next summer. I put in my 3 youngsters Cartwright and the 2 Jones's for this friendly to see how they would do. Despite the loss we played well considering we had no first team choices in the starting 11. Players like Craig Morgan, Dave Edwards and Ricketts all started. Goals were scored by Martin Jones and David Vaughn.

Albania 0-2 Wales

I restored my usual 11 and a 2-0 win courtesy of goals from Cotterrill and Bale sealed a good win away in Albania. Games we must be winning even if its a friendly only.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTxVYfwpxQW1uhBUKCgGU0zyUPTCk358m6UMGt9ZnfpPBSUiv8C

worldcupr.jpg

The draw for the 2014 World Cup has just been drawn and we pulled out France, South korea and Algeria. Im very happy with the group we got especially pulling out Algeria and S. Korea. Teams we can and should beat. France could be very tricky but it depends on what French team turns up this World Cup. Im glad we pulled out France considering all the other major forces currently in the first seed. Overall im looking forward to this World Cup and with the group we got i feel we could easily acheive our goal of making the 2nd round.

Archived