I dont understand what the agent wants when we negotiate new contract

I just win the first title despite being underdogs. Now I start the second season, players want new contract, its normal.

I offer them new one, their agent start with proposing terms. I check, and see that all are fine, which means they are all under limit that board set.

I hit "suggest term" without modifying anything. The agent says "Need improvement, we are still apart". However, none is in red/yellow.

Confused, I try putting all to max, including wage, loyalty to both, appearances fees etc... the agent still say the same "Need improvement".

In 2011, the agent would have proposed other numbers or such, here nothing is proposed, he just doesn't accept.

The player has 20 in loyal, my club as his favorite, he likes me as well.

Is that a bug or I did something wrong?

Always use the checkbox for your offer to be non negotiable if u know the offer is something that should be accepted.

That is also a must use if your talking with someone who is negoating with other clubs too, as when u use the non negotiable (I dont remember the name of it now, and my game is not on) the player agrees to come to your team, if u dont use it, he will accept it, but can still decide to go with someone else...

He is in my team, with 3 years left in his current contract, currently set as First team. I offer another first team contract. He is currently getting 700/week. I tried 70k/week, 2.2M loyalty to each, 70k/match 700k / end of season, the agent still says nothing new but "Need more".

Besides, as soon as I use non negotiation option or lock, the agent quits.

I don't mind if he asks for more, what annoys me is that he asks, I agree and he disagrees with himself w/o proposing new option.

He has another 4 years left in his old contract. And I want him to stay the longest possible that FM allows me, so it's 4 years more in new contract = basically the same length with much better salary and bonus.

Thanks, i'm trying that. I put up non-negotiate offer everyday to that agent and even go dirty with using FMRTE to make the player dislike his agent. However, after like 10 tries, they are still together. And now the player is complaining "where is my new contract". Bah.

Thanks, i'm trying that. I put up non-negotiate offer everyday to that agent and even go dirty with using FMRTE to make the player dislike his agent. However, after like 10 tries, they are still together. And now the player is complaining "where is my new contract". Bah.

If you're going to cheat using FMRTE, make the player have you and the club as his favourites (100). In fact you could just go the whole hog and give him a ten-year contract and up his happiness.

Archived