No way he'd be in the international squad!?

I noticed that he was actually in the England squad when he was available on a FREE!

I didn't think too much about thinking perhaps he was just between clubs. But the chap doesn't play football at least in the first team.

Yeah, think it's a 'bug'. I've had players called up for Eng U21's who've never played a first team game ever for anyone.

I'm surprised to see Wellbeck being binned out by Man U and Arsenal as well. He's on fire in my save still at United (not my player). I don't know his CA/PA, but imagine it must be towards top end.

Well I binned him from Arsenal. He wasn't getting his game. He was rated 2.5* in the Squad. And just wasn't needed. I put him on the list and in the reserves, he declared he was going to leave. I negotiated a mutual termination.

He's played 3 games Leeds. We're 28 games into the league at the moment. SO he's not even getting his game for Leeds!

Things just didn't work out for him in this save for some reason.

Anyway - I'll post this in the bugs so.

Or Kieran Richardson - called up when at United. Hasn't been called up since leaving for Wham or Sland :D

BUT Wellbeck is not a youngster anymore. It's 2018.

Any 27 year olds with 20+ appearances in 6 seasons getting International call ups???

But when Walcott got called up at 17 years afe he had no first team experience at all. It like the case with Germany, Klose has always been in the pecking order ahead of Gomez even though Gomez scored loads of goals and Klose could never get into team. Sometimes managers just have favourites.

But Welbeck is 27 here.

I think England were expecting a "Pelé" sorta thing here. And it was the influence of Arsenal board director who was also on the English FA that resulted in Walcotts call up. I think it slightly ruined Walcott.. but then again England have a habit of shouldering the responsibility of a Nation on young shoulders...

Anyway - no way would a 27 year old who plays part time in the premiership - not even part time, as a hobby!

I have bugged it thanks. Just wanted to see if anyone else had similar issues.

As regards to other players - all other 3 strikers, Rooney, Wickham, Walcott - play first team football regularly

There are other options who play regularly.

The likes of Jay Rodriguez who is also at Leeds - and played 27 games and has 16 goals!

On my current save I did see Ashley Young get sidelined for about 2 years, then when the euro's came around he was picked for England then suddenly there was a bidding war going on for him because he played well and it revived his carrer. That was nice to see.

I believe national squads are still based mostly on CA/Rep and current squad, playing time, form, etc means sod all

Lets be honest, it's always been this way, AI club selection is abit as well, but maybe just not as much as it once was, hence it becoming so obvious at international level

I believe national squads are still based mostly on CA/Rep and current squad, playing time, form, etc means sod allLets be honest, it's always been this way, AI club selection is abit as well, but maybe just not as much as it once was, hence it becoming so obvious at international level
Yes I believe this too. I am currently England manager on my save and my assistant always reccommends squads full of players who are ageing and have high rep but hardly play any games, and the ones that do play barely get above 6 in avr. Needless to say I always ignore these suggested squad messages and pick my squads on form. Wellbeck has just been released. By man u on my save too. Has yet to find a club in the couple of months he's been available. I think he has rediculous wage demands so puts teams off.

Archived