The Liverpool Job is a disgrace!!

I have been liverpool 5 times and been sacked every time on most occasions i was 4th pushing 3rd and no lower than 6th in the league with over ten games to go. But the worst has just happend, I just finished third in the league behined man u and man city, man u lost 1 game all season and it was against me, then i drew away to them on the last day had over 80 points and was happy woth my season and got sacked, how can i possibly compete with these two teams in the first season, getting sacked is so unfair! I was happy with third in the league, the only reason i didnt win the fa cup is because i got man u at old trafford which is almost unwinnable. What on earth do i have to do to keep my job, look at the league table in real life man u and man city are running away with it, if liverpool finish 3rd will dalglish get sacked? No chance!

Everyone knows liverpool have half a new team at the start and they need time to blend so performances are not going to come straight away and yet i had only a few flat results all season, which everyone has.

Ive never had this problem on previous games they have always been patient, and yet the season after our lowest league finish in years the expectations are higher than ever.... Ive wasted so much time on this :(

This needs to be addressed in an update has anyone else had this problem?

A title challnege, oh by the way, arsenal finished 6th, does wenger get sacked? NO! I understand the fact im putting sunday league footballer as past experience so it adds to pressure but im trying to be as realistic as i can but still want to manage liverpool which is the point of the game.... the fact that we can get the chance being so obsecure...

I basically cant play this game anymore unless its edited on an update as i have no desire to manage any other team, im a liverpool fan i want to manage liverpool... im not an ex international footballer (although i wish i was) so im not going to give myself a fake headstart by saying i am one.... does anyone have any idea if SI or looking into fixing this? Thanks

I just checked my messages and i got a warning off the media on matchday which i didnt notice as their is something wrong with the alerts that seems to skip the first message or something, ALSO i was on a 20 match league un beaten run, lasted all 2012, setting defensive records as i went and had +47 gd ARE YOU JOKING!? I beat Chelsea 4-1 at home beat man u at home (with ten men) beat arsenal at home and drew with man city at home even though suarez had a torn calf muscle and i still went unbeaten, beating spurs at home and everton at home

Look at that record... Im devastasted.... What a waste of time in my life....

I would have asked for more time if i new i was under pressure there was nothing to be turned around and i didnt notice the media matchday warning as the processing skipped it, like it did the same when my ass man left for blackburn, it didnt even tell my i done a search filter

and it said if it s a bad result, a draw away to man u who are champions and i am the only team to beat em all seaon is not a bad result

In real life if your player gets sent off away to west brom and you then go 3-1 down because of it and end up drawing 3-3 is that a bad result?

my very last board update was they where satisfied with me, then i beat everton and drew away to man u and got sacked, theres no chance if this happens this season in real life kenny will be sacked, alls the board want is CL football its been well documented in the media!

If you reduce Liverpool's rep from 8650 to 8600 the expectation is Champions League qualification.

Handy tip, thanks. Wondered if there was anything you could tweak to bring back down to something more realistic. Was put off managing Liverpool because of so many getting sacked too easily, but will try it in future save.

I basically cant play this game anymore unless its edited on an update as i have no desire to manage any other team, im a liverpool fan i want to manage liverpool... im not an ex international footballer (although i wish i was) so im not going to give myself a fake headstart by saying i am one.... does anyone have any idea if SI or looking into fixing this? Thanks

You dont want to give yourself a fake headstart by saying your an ex international? Although... you are willing to give yourself a fake head start by selecting Liverpool as your club to manage when you have a Sunday League reputation. Never once seen a Sunday League manager take charge at Liverpool...

Anyway, there is no need for a fix. All you need to do is start the game with a team thats worthy of your reputation, maybe start unemployed... Then once you work your way high enough you can take the Liverpool job and not worry about getting sacked.

You dont want to give yourself a fake headstart by saying your an ex international? Although... you are willing to give yourself a fake head start by selecting Liverpool as your club to manage when you have a Sunday League reputation. Never once seen a Sunday League manager take charge at Liverpool...Anyway, there is no need for a fix. All you need to do is start the game with a team thats worthy of your reputation, maybe start unemployed... Then once you work your way high enough you can take the Liverpool job and not worry about getting sacked.

Graeme Souness. ;)

You dont want to give yourself a fake headstart by saying your an ex international? Although... you are willing to give yourself a fake head start by selecting Liverpool as your club to manage when you have a Sunday League reputation. Never once seen a Sunday League manager take charge at Liverpool...

Anyway, there is no need for a fix. All you need to do is start the game with a team thats worthy of your reputation, maybe start unemployed... Then once you work your way high enough you can take the Liverpool job and not worry about getting sacked.

Are you having a laugh? There is a reason its a game and not real life.....? There is a reason we pay good money for it, we want to be ourselves and manage are favourite team, if its not going to work why give the option i new someone would say this, hence why i said its the point of the game, as an obsecure person can manage their favourite team, besides what had mourinho done before managgment he was just a tranlsaotr, not a footballer... he got his chance.

I have been liverpool 5 times and been sacked every time on most occasions i was 4th pushing 3rd and no lower than 6th in the league with over ten games to go. But the worst has just happend, I just finished third in the league behined man u and man city, man u lost 1 game all season and it was against me, then i drew away to them on the last day had over 80 points and was happy woth my season and got sacked, how can i possibly compete with these two teams in the first season, getting sacked is so unfair! I was happy with third in the league, the only reason i didnt win the fa cup is because i got man u at old trafford which is almost unwinnable. What on earth do i have to do to keep my job, look at the league table in real life man u and man city are running away with it, if liverpool finish 3rd will dalglish get sacked? No chance!

Everyone knows liverpool have half a new team at the start and they need time to blend so performances are not going to come straight away and yet i had only a few flat results all season, which everyone has.

Ive never had this problem on previous games they have always been patient, and yet the season after our lowest league finish in years the expectations are higher than ever.... Ive wasted so much time on this :(

exact same scenario to me finished 3rd and still they wernt happy, so just counting days till sacked although managed to just sign tevez and affelay, what confused me most was when i was 3rd for most of the season it said my players are concerned about underachieving

I was going to say essentially the same thing, It's a game at the end of the day Campbell1892 but it is realistic that if an inexperienced Sunday league manager promised to win the title and only managed to bring them 3rd then they would be sacked. Infact most managers who fail to meet their expectations regardless of "past experience" will come under pressure from their players and their chairmen.

Don't set the expectations so high. I'm into my 5th season as LFC manager. Each year only promise Champions League qualification. Despite the fact that I've only won the Lg Cup and Europa Lg I've never been put under pressure because I aslways finish in top four.

Don't set the expectations so high. I'm into my 5th season as LFC manager. Each year only promise Champions League qualification. Despite the fact that I've only won the Lg Cup and Europa Lg I've never been put under pressure because I aslways finish in top four.

Do you get choice of expectations at game start with Liverpool?? Assumed it was "challenge for title" or bust, never having tried it.

If you set "challenge for title" yourself when given a choice then tbf that's setting yourself up for a fall.

Yeh I always say top four too. I would love to say title challenge every year. But it just doesn't work out that way sometimes. Top four gives a nice budget and expectations are reasonable. I'd only use Title Challenge in Spain, where it's a 2 horse race.

I'm finding no such problem. My starting reputation was Sunday League Footballer, and I finished 2nd in my first season, 3 points behind United. My tip would be to drop Carra straight off the bat. In my experience he's a bit of a liability, especially given the masses of small, fast strikers in the league now so I tend to use Coates with Agger from the start. Though if you're really annoyed at this and find it to be an imbalance then just increase your reputation. That's as close to a "Difficulty level" as I've found in the game, it can buy you an extra season sometimes.

Do you get choice of expectations at game start with Liverpool?? Assumed it was "challenge for title" or bust, never having tried it.

If you set "challenge for title" yourself when given a choice then tbf that's setting yourself up for a fall.

You get a choice, but "Title Challenge" is the minimum. It's either that, or guarantee you win the title. Or, as was said earlier, just decrease Liverpool's reputation by 50 and you can get Champions League Qualification as a target.

I was going to say essentially the same thing, It's a game at the end of the day Campbell1892 but it is realistic that if an inexperienced Sunday league manager promised to win the title and only managed to bring them 3rd then they would be sacked. Infact most managers who fail to meet their expectations regardless of "past experience" will come under pressure from their players and their chairmen.
i didnt fail to meet expectation it was title challenge and i finished third...

Liverpool are Dreamers though, they set out each season thinking they are going to win the league, so it is not unrealistic that this is their minimum ambition lol.
As previously written, its been well documented this season that the board have asked kenny for champions league qualification not the title

First season with Liverpool is challenging. The board have unrealistic expectations and it is very easy to get sacked, regardless of what you set your starting reputation as a result.

All jokes aside, I don't think there's a Liverpool fan on the planet, in real life, who expected us to challenge for the title this year. Kenny might survive only delivering Europa League at the end of the season, in game world, securing Champion's League qualification should be enough to keep your job and it just isn't.

Maybe non-Liverpool fans of FM/CM will claim rough justice as the perception was that we had it easy for many versions but back in the real world most of us are actually realistic, so when you get sacked for taking Liverpool second or third, even fourth in the Premier League it, justly, feels like you're being hard done by.

the first season was hard to get through but very enjoyable. I only wanted champions league qualification and finished second - 4 points behind United.

I only realised at the end that they wrre 'disappointed i didn't challenge!' and they were considering sacking me before they gave me a new contract. that would have been ridiculous

i got sacked 3 times as liverpool manager.then in my new game i signed samba and shawcross to strengthen my defence and won the league.

who did you have to sell to get the money for those two?

i've set first transfer window to OFF, but only got 6mill for january. brought in adam johnson for 5.5mill and he got injured for 5 weeks after just 45 minutes of play :(

i'm now relying on brining in quality loans.

Christian Maggio at Right Midfield in january and Draxler as an attacking midfielder at the start of the game..

Best thing to do is to adjust you budget, then ask for a higher % of transfer revenue and then ask for higher wage budget, then transfer all that to transfer funds.

Kuyt £14million

Agger £18million replace with shawcross

Reina around £50 million and replace with a german kid called ter stegen.

Max £5million

Skrtel £10million

You can make quite alot.

The only way really to keep your job is to keep tabs on top teams and make sure you get to FA cup final.

The one I have just done I won league cup, lost in FA cup final and finished 3rd in league and even then my job was insecure but I did not get sacked.

just won the League Cup against Stoke. was 2-0 up and ended up conceeding in the final minute to go 2-2. finished a 4-2 win :thup:

I did go through 3 losses in a row though, just before that League Cup win. hopefuly that will be enough for me to keep my job. currently sitting 4th, 3 points behind Spurs in third place.

And how many unknown managers who player sunday league football have got the Liverpool job. You won't set your experience as its unrealistic but you take the job as an unknown which is just an unrealistic. Either make yourself better or if you want realism EARN It.

And how many unknown managers who player sunday league football have got the Liverpool job. You won't set your experience as its unrealistic but you take the job as an unknown which is just an unrealistic. Either make yourself better or if you want realism EARN It.

I agree that the expectations of the Liverpool job are too high in season one, but I agree with this too.

To the OP, if you feel that an international footballer is 'too unrealistic', then why not professional footballer? Nation reputation is infinitely more plausable than local reputation, and then you won't have the stigma of having represented your country.

Liverpool are Dreamers though, they set out each season thinking they are going to win the league, so it is not unrealistic that this is their minimum ambition lol.

Grow up and stop talking rubbish. I doubt the vast majority of Liverpool fans this season or last thought we'd have a shot at winning the title. This season most have been aiming for 4th place and would be extremely happy if we got it.

This is mean but...I'd love to have seen the look on your face when you read that you'd got the sack! LOL!

In all seriousness though, that is ridiculous and very unrealistic.

they wanted the title you failed, it was a bit harsh on them to sack after first season but its not a bug

I managed to finish 5th and kept my job...I did finish on 81 points though (that's title winning points there). After a rocky start to the season I steamrolled the rest. Me hitting form after Christmas may have saved my job.

Helps when you win the FA Cup and get to the League Cup final.

Are you having a laugh? There is a reason its a game and not real life.....? There is a reason we pay good money for it, we want to be ourselves and manage are favourite team, if its not going to work why give the option i new someone would say this, hence why i said its the point of the game, as an obsecure person can manage their favourite team, besides what had mourinho done before managgment he was just a tranlsaotr, not a footballer... he got his chance.

I don't think that's correct. When he was picked to manage Benfica he already had several years experience as Coach and Ass Man in teams like FC Porto and Barcelona with coaches like Bobby Robson and Van Gaal, that's much more experience than the majority of the managers that get a job in a big club only because he was a great football player...

He played football at junior level in Portugal in Vit. Setubal, but as he said "he wasn't very good", so he went to college getting a degree (something related with psycology in sport or something, I can't remember). His father was football Manager in Vitória de Setúbal and some other teams of the Portuguese 1st division (now called Liga Sagres), so he had the genes in him just nedeed an oportunity.

And it came when he started to work at Sporting (POR) with Bobby Robson essencially as a translator, but that didn't last long as Bobby Robson immediatelly saw many qualities in him and started to give him more responsabilities.

When they both went to FC Porto he was no longer a translator. He was responsable for making the tactical report of the opposition teams. With Van Gaal in Barcelona he reached the post of Ass. Man.

Only them Benfica hired him as Manager. Unfortunatly for Benfica fans that didn't go very well. He was sacked because the Benfica president was stupid.

This is just a game, it tries to simulate reality but sometimes it doesn't do it very well, so why wouldn't you cheat a litlle and give yourself more reputation or the club less?

Exactly the point being made. On one hand you say it's a game, and on the other hand you're setting your reputation to sunday league footballer. If it's a game just set it as international footballer.

Exactly the point being made. On one hand you say it's a game, and on the other hand you're setting your reputation to sunday league footballer. If it's a game just set it as international footballer.

Except it won't change anything. The expectations will still be the same and he'd still get sacked for not 'challenging' for the league which in game terms means finishing at least 2nd.

Archived