Has any low national team won the World Cup 2010 before?

Originally posted by AndrewBone:

South Korea beat Spain in the final of my game.

Then it goes "back to normal" - Holland won it twice and Portugal won in this year 2024.

there isn't a world cup in 2024

France won WC2010 on mine.

Scotland won it in 2014 (over Columbia)

Canada won it in 2022 (over Germany, on home soil)

Iraq won it in 2042 (over Iran)

When Sweeden won it in 2062 (over Denmark), it seemed positively normal (they'd won the euros two years before and were at or around the top of the rankings as the dominant force in world football)

Has anyone managed a minor football nation it could be India, Canada or Malta with succes ( winning the world cup)in the game ?

Read the Wales career thread in the good players forum. Very very good read.

Originally posted by Rosenberg:

Has anyone managed a minor football nation it could be India, Canada or Malta with succes ( winning the world cup)in the game ?

Did it with Scotland.

Every major team got knocked out the round before they faced me.

Have never managed it with a big team (or another small team), despite numerous attempts.

Originally posted by rancer890:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by nick...:

Canada won it in 2022 (over Germany, on home soil)

icon_eek.gif

Wish that was in real life icon_biggrin.gif

Can you post a screenshot of the world rankings? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

For sure.

That win was quite a while ago, so Canada aren't up there (69th if you must know, but i'm they were at least top 10 at the time).

Te reason Slovenia's so high up is because they've just won the european championships (or perhaps the reason they've just won the european championships is that they're one of the top ranked european teams...aaargh)

For an extra bit of trivia about that surprise world cup win, their manager at the time was a certain Alan Shearer!

Originally posted by Geoff Newman:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AndrewBone:

South Korea beat Spain in the final of my game.

Then it goes "back to normal" - Holland won it twice and Portugal won in this year 2024.

there isn't a world cup in 2024 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe he's thinking of the euros?

I was playing as Canada, got through to the last stage of qualifying, with one game to go I had to beat the top team! I thought, nah this isnt going to happen. Started the game and by half time was 2-0 down. I decided enough was enough, left it to the ass man and went off to make a cup of tea... We won 2-7

Originally posted by nine_iron:

I was playing as Canada, got through to the last stage of qualifying, with one game to go I had to beat the top team! I thought, nah this isnt going to happen. Started the game and by half time was 2-0 down. I decided enough was enough, left it to the ass man and went off to make a cup of tea... We won 2-7

I think you should take the hint and step down. icon_razz.gif

Archived