Bloody chairman selling my best players for peanuts!

/rant mode on

WTF is going with newport countys chairman. He is single handedly destroying my newport county side by selling all my best young players for next to nothing and not even having the decency to include a bunch of clauses in their contracts so I can get some cash when they make it.

I am in the championship with newport county after dragging them from bluesquare nothingness to the tip of promotion into the gloryland of the premiership and he undermines my amazing season by selling two of my best players. The finances of the club are great, I just don't get it. I have decided to put a stop of this and move them back to my team and add the money back to the clubs who bought them. This is now the 2nd time he has sold players out from under me.

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/613843458154527981/15AFDD007C83146BF7E29790D0A2875F3CA7A300/

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/613843458154527175/8B314913B296DDD360827EA9A499732DD47FEAE7/

He sold the two players above for less than 1.5 million, they are both tipped for premiership stardom according to my scout. He also sold the next Franco Baresi last season for 500k, least he got a 30% profit from the next time he moves on that one.

/rant mode off

Seriously though, there needs to be some sort of consultation added to at least allow you as a manager to object to this kind of stuff.

If you don't like it, resign and move to another club.

Be nice if there was a feature where you could talk to the chairman before he sold two of your best players from under you. Issue a ultimatum or try and get the best deal possible yourself rather than have him take silly offers.

Some chairmen are like that, so I wouldn't evoke "realism" to mentally accept the decision to edit him. I would rather evoke "playability". The OP has two choices; either, as was said above, find a new club going career mode; or make a decision on where you want to go in that save (club mode). Knowing that the board will effectively sabotage your path to world domination, that goal is still inevitable but it will take a lot more time to do so since you will have setbacks on the way. By editing the chairman and the club's parameters when it comes to ambition, business and interference etc, you can save yourself a lot of time. By leaving them alone the sense of accomplishment will increase.

Resign, fine; but you really need an interaction button between you & the board where you can make it perfectly clear (& the fans will notice) that you are resigning on a point of honour. 'Chairman is a tight-fisted scuzz-bag & needs a kick up the ar**' would be a good comment.

I honestly don't see the problem of using an editor like FMRTE. I'm all for realism, but if your chairman is selling your top players for literally nothing, that is the farthest thing from realism, use an editor and fix the issue. As for resigning and moving to a different club, please understand that this is a computer game, not real life. We all pretend it is real life with our bathroom press conferences and labeling our computer rooms as the "manager's office" but at the end of the day, if crap like this happens, you need to nip it in the bud.

Depends if you're treating your save as a 'career' or just 'get newport to the top'. If you're playing it as a career where you're happy to move on, and achieve elsewhere, then just move on! If IRL you are annoyed at his interference, then look elsewhere, even if you you want achieve something there.

Archived