3 disallowed goals in one game! Grrrr

Can we try to make the referee's a bit quicker with their whistles next time?! It's very annoying when I watch a game in commentary only and the bar flashes and tells me there's been a goal and then it gets chalked off. These should (and I believe it is intended to) correspond with the occasions in real life when the ball is in the net and the whole stadium thinks it's a goal and the player runs off celebrating for a few seconds before it becomes apparant to everybody that the referee has not given it.

This does not occur IRL nearly as much as it does in the game. Usually the referee can blow the whistle in time and occasionally the player might still strike the ball and it might still go in but it is immediately clear to everybody that it doesn't count. I think the game would be a much less frustrating experience if the commentary flashed and said GOAL on fewer occasions where there actually wasn't a goal.

It should be noted that this is not a gripe with the way the football that is played by the match engine, I would just like to be aware of the referee's decision a bit sooner to reflect that in real life you usually know almost instantly when the balls in the net whether a goal has been awarded or not.

I beat my all time FM record last night. 5 goals disallowed in one match but I didn't go through the pain you did as I won 3-0 anyway. But ingeneral I think we've all beedn there celebrating a disallowed goal for it to be chalked off, very frustrating.

A real life example of a game when I watched Everton against Exeter City in the FA Cup about 10 years ago, Everton had 4 disallowed goals and drew the game 0-0. But this is a rareity.

It's quite easy to tell when watching the highlights because of the positioning of the officials, and there's something different about the commentary, but I can see how it might be difficult for those watching commentary only. It's annoying in any case. I know it isn't a goal, but the game is acting like I don't.

Archived