Assistant Manager Responsibilities

I'm surprised somebody with nearly 500 posts in this forum is asking that!

Have him to the things that are too time consuming and/or boring for you and do the other things yourself!

It really is a matter of personal preference, and probably everybody plays the game slightly differently. For me the assistant arranges and takes charge of friendlies, except in my first season with a club, when I play the friendlies myself. I handle the contracts for all players.

Edit: He also does some press conferences, but that's not set in the settings, I just send him on the occasions that I don't have the patience for it.

Even though I buy FM every year, over the years I tend to play it less and less. I just want some things refreshing.

And I agree with the previous poster: the press conferences are tiresome.

For me the assistant arranges and takes charge of friendlies, except in my first season with a club, when I play the friendlies myself. I handle the contracts for all players.

I like taking the friendlies myself; usually all more new signings are great in pre-season, then as soon as the season starts everything goes to pot. And like you, I always handle the contracts.

Archived