Which Feeder Club - Merchandising sales?

Hi!

I manage Cardiff, and last year won both Premier + Champions league. I have requested feeder club and the board gave me this choises:

- Seattle Sounders FC; fee: 3.48 Mil; club rep: 5598(FMRTE)

- Sporting Kansas City; fee: 1.49 Mil; club rep: 5731

- New England Revolution; fee: 3.28 Mil; club rep: 5373

- Houston Dynamo; fee: 2.03 Mil; club rep: 5607

You can see that fee isn't directly related with reputation, so I ask the question, which club to affiliate with?

I should mention that last year have gained affiliation with Tianjin (Chinese side; fee 1.01Mil). 2 Years ago I had no merchandising clubs and had merchandising sales roughly 1 mil, last year I made around 2.4 Mil, so there was 400k profit (2.4 - 1.0 -previous year(1.0) = 0.4 Mil). If I make affiliation with Seattle (3.48Mil), will I make enough money to cover fee and still make profit? Which club would you make affiliaton with and why?

Thanks in advance!

Yeah that what's interesting. Why would Seattle had so high affiliation fee, and Kansas so low while having the highest reputation?

I don't know if the game takes it into account, but maybe population has something to do with it?

- Kansas City and its catchment area aren't that big.

- Seattle is bigger, but still not huge. However, the Sounders have one of the largest and most rabid fanbases in U.S. soccer and regularly sell out their stadium for the highest attendance numbers in MLS.

- Houston is the fourth largest city in the U.S. Won two MLS Cups back-to-back.

- New England is a massive market.

Again, I'm not sure if the game takes population/fanbase into account, but that's the most logical explanation I can see for those numbers

Thanks for info! But I'm now back to square one..., would be nice to see game taking in account all these factors but doest it?

I am pretty sure the game takes into account the size of an area for merchandise/ticket sales for teams, it would make sense that they would do the same for justifying the fees for a partnership. For example, I would guess that if you chose Houston you would make more money due to a larger number of people in the club's area than if you chose KC. Those rep numbers are also so close that it probably won't make any massive difference, so I'd probably just go for the cheapest option unless you have money to burn.

Also, keep in mind that pretty much anybody can win MLS any given year. With those reputation numbers so close, I wouldn't be surprised to see some of them go up with more trophies and good signings.

I am pretty sure the game takes into account the size of an area for merchandise/ticket sales for teams, it would make sense that they would do the same for justifying the fees for a partnership. For example, I would guess that if you chose Houston you would make more money due to a larger number of people in the club's area than if you chose KC. Those rep numbers are also so close that it probably won't make any massive difference, so I'd probably just go for the cheapest option unless you have money to burn.

Also, keep in mind that pretty much anybody can win MLS any given year. With those reputation numbers so close, I wouldn't be surprised to see some of them go up with more trophies and good signings.

Ok, I chose Houston due to having 2 highest rep and with your info on population. Thanks for all the help!

Archived