can I install FM2012 without installing steam?

Can anyone let me know if FM2012 can be installed and played by just using the CD and not needing to download steam?

I stay away in a caravan alot in the summer and have no internet connection there so will need to play just using the CD if this is possible. I had no problems doing this with FM2011 so I hope FM2012 is the same.

Thanks for any advice

Hi,

You just need to install and log into Steam once to authenticate.

Then, in the Settings menu, make sure you haven't ticked "Don't save account credentials on this computer". Then via the Steam menu, set Steam to offline.

You'll never need to connect to the Internet again if you choose not to.

Cheers

Matt

• 3 weeks later...

I am having trouble accessing the game without going through Stean first. I have followed the steps above, however I when I try to load the game off the CD, I keep getting a message saying ' The game is not ready to be played in offline mode'. Is someone able to help please.

Yes you do, you are forced to go online to get the patches....

You always have been so nothing's changed there, well to be totally accurate there was a time when patches came in the post or attached to a mag on a floppy disk but I'm probably the only one here who remembers that;)

The whole haters vs lovers of Steam debate has been cranked through and through. I personally love Steam, and very rarely have any problems with updates, playing in both offline and online (usually online mode) mode.

Once people spend some time playing with Steam and got used to the idea, its actually a very good platform to have!

Hi,

You just need to install and log into Steam once to authenticate.

Then, in the Settings menu, make sure you haven't ticked "Don't save account credentials on this computer". Then via the Steam menu, set Steam to offline.

You'll never need to connect to the Internet again if you choose not to.

Cheers

Matt

Unless, as some people have reported, Steam connects itself!

If anybody does find that happens they should report it on the Steam forums, it shouldn't happen, ergo it's a bug.

Kriss its not a bug, its a global conspriacy to steal my tactics, itss also a rumour that they steal your personal info but why go to the trouble when everything about everyone is freely available on Facebook?

You always have been so nothing's changed there, well to be totally accurate there was a time when patches came in the post or attached to a mag on a floppy disk but I'm probably the only one here who remembers that;)

Pfft, I remember when you had to type in the code for the games yourself and the "patches" came in the form of errata corrections the next month :D.

Archived