AI Transfers

I've played two saves so far, but with the same club. It wasn't intended at first, I just made way too many mistakes in the first try and wanted a fresh start. Anyway, as it turns out, I noticed something confusing regarding the AI transfers.

We've seen many rants about transfer market being broken etc., but in my first save it was actually really good. My biggest rivals did sell some of their best players, but since we're in a small league (Croatia) that's only normal. However, they always replaced them with really good players, i.e. players I'd consider signing. I was pleased to see that...It was all good until I restarted the save. Same league, same database. They still sold their best players, but this time they either didn't replace them or they did with absolutely useless players. What's more, they are in an excellent financial situation, but they're spending their money on players I wouldn't even look at.

I'm confused...Is it really that random or I'm missing something? :confused:

In playable leagues, the AI will be more aggressive, so if you're playing in a fairly obscure league (e.g., Croatia), you will see your direct competitors go after relatively good players more aggressively than other fairly obscure leagues that are set as nonplayable, especially since, relative to Croatian teams, there will be a lot of "really good" players available at fairly low prices.

However, if you're playing in England or Spain where the top teams are already loaded up with world class stars, the AI tends to just tread water instead of actively improving.

In playable leagues, the AI will be more aggressive, so if you're playing in a fairly obscure league (e.g., Croatia), you will see your direct competitors go after relatively good players more aggressively than other fairly obscure leagues that are set as nonplayable, especially since, relative to Croatian teams, there will be a lot of "really good" players available at fairly low prices.

However, if you're playing in England or Spain where the top teams are already loaded up with world class stars, the AI tends to just tread water instead of actively improving.

Yeah, but the question was why they were so good at buying quality players the first time, and then the same club under the same circumstances fail miserably the next time...

Archived