This is what FM is all about

This is what FM is all about. I'm so excited about this kid. In my 3rd season as sheffield wednesday, looking like a good promotion push from the championship (second at the turn of the year), and this kid is one of the reasons for that.

youth_1.JPG

youth_2.JPG

youth_3.JPG

Not only is he the baldest man alive - he has the potential to become a LEADING premier division striker in the future! It's the way the game has managed to turn its self from a glorified spreadsheet into actually caring about the progression of your youth players and getting excited when they play well.

Little low on composure at the moment, but hoping that can improve greatly. Training heavily on composure for the individual training focus, and got him in my custom striker training which is heavy in shooting anyway, so he should really make progress. Just need a top quality striker if/when I reach the prem to tutor him and get the best I can out of him. I have a feeling somebody will come in for him in the near future though with that kind of potential. I was tempted to get one of the scout or editor programs to run to see what his actual PA was, but then thought it would spoil it.

He's a Striker / AM ® by the way. Natural striker, accomplished winger. To be honest, He has the attributes for both roles and I keep mixing it up at the moment. Any advice where you think he should ultimately be developed?

I'd stick him up front. Btw, on FM11 you could set a players value to like £50M and clubs would only ever be interested but would never make a bid. So, my players never got unsettled for me rejecting a bid. It might help to stop him getting poached. Don't know if it will work for FM12 though.

Thanks guys. My youth schedules by default have high strength and aerobic - perhaps I could consider changing the individual training focus to strength when the composure has gone up a couple of notches? Or would you suggest doing that straight away, with a view to his composure gaining naturally anyway?

I dunno whether to try out the high transfer fee - can anybody confirm that for FM12? I've just got him to sign a 5 year deal, so hopefully he'll be staying put for a while :-)

I insist on tactics training for all my players, but I usually create individual schedules for such prospects. Since the strength training category improves not only strength, but natural fitness, stamina, work rate (I'm sure I'm forgetting something), i.e. the attributes that are not that high in his case, either, I'd make a schedule with heavy strength training.

And tactics on intensive, of course, he needs his decisions, composure...

Thanks a lot dude - As you were replying, seemingly, I had just opened up the trainign and match prep thread in tactics, because I'd obviously got confused with what trains what! Massive help. Hopefully he'll become a great player for me!

For me, FM is all about the Cupsets. Drawing the first leg away, and then beating them at home, and racking in the money.

As for your player there. He would work well either as a very attacking winger that looks to get on the end of things, or as the fast striker in a two man forward line. If you're only playing one up front, then he'd be better on the wing though. He looks cracking though, as I always like to have versatile players, so it's good that he gives you lots of options.

Archived