Getting a transfer fee as low as possible

We all know there are issues with the transfer system and I don't want to talk about it here, but some us you might have some tricks on how to get a transfer bid accepted even if it's a bit lower than the manager would normally ask for.

Do you interact with the manager positively, with the player, you use clauses or what?

I've been playing this game for six years now and I never cared about finances, but because I think FM12 is easier than the previous versions, I want some other challenges - and one of them is keeping a very close eye on the finances - therefore each million matters.

I rarely use manager interaction as a tool for signing players more easily, I'd only really use it when signing a well established player for millions (as I am Brentford this won't be happening for a while, if ever).

> Transfer listed players - clubs will accept lower than their value. Clubs will set an asking price but in some occassions the club will accept a big MUCH lower than the asking price they have set.

> Lower reputation leagues - more often than not you will be able to acquire players for below their value in these leagues. I have obtained a few players by bidding £0 (again remembering I am Brentford, despite this, these players have been of great quality)

> Bosman ruling - snap up players who are within 6 months of their contract expiring (not based in your nation) and those within I think it's 2 months (based in your nation).

You helped me a lot. NOT!

You think I didn't know all these things? I am not a beginner, I've played this game for years, it seems you don't get that what I want are small tips and tricks to get players that I need in my team - not back-ups or rotation players. I only coach top clubs and even if I have a lot of money I do not want to spend them - that's why I said that every million is important. Teaching me about the Bosman ruling is not what I asked you for :-)

You think I didn't know all these things? I am not a beginner, I've played this game for years, it seems you don't get that what I want are small tips and tricks to get players that I need in my team - not back-ups or rotation players. I only coach top clubs and even if I have a lot of money I do not want to spend them - that's why I said that every million is important. Teaching me about the Bosman ruling is not what I asked you for :-)

You ungrateful **** Jambos answers were exactly what you were asking! I hope no-one else helps you out now ;)

This response was completely uncalled for and unacceptable- if you want help on this forum, show other users some respect please- even if their response isnt what you wanted. A thread apology might keep the thread open.

@IMT: If you would read again my first post, and would think for a second, you would realize that this is not what I've asked for. You don't tell a player who was here since FM05 that he can sign players for free on Bosman. I've also wrote "some tricks", when you hear tricks you don't think of Bosman, 'cause that's not a trick but an official law of FIFA I assume. If you don't know the difference, I doubt you could ever help me.

@Mafino, there are no stupid questions, only stupid answers :-) If you are that smart, share your incredible and priceless knowledge with us.

The rest of you don't even deserve an answer. It is just cool to notice how my question got an answer to the subject in four days and some other spammy, jerky and childish stuff in only few hours.

He told me my question was stupid, I just wanted to let him know that there are no stupid questions. If he is a genius, it doesn't mean all of us are.

That i understand. I was more referring to what you said in your response to JamboSteven's attempt to give you some help.

My answer could have been this: "It doesn't really help me". It would have been exactly the same. Then I explained why I think his answer doesn't help me. I don't get where is the problem and why is everybody so offended - you're all like a woman and her friends when you tell her she has small breasts :-)

I'm not offended, just so you know that, but it's not hard to understand why they would be offended.

Your response just came across as not-well-thought-through and needless.

The "It doesn't really help me" answer would, most likely, result in more help for the actual question.

As for the woman part.....there are women who would love smaller breasts ;)

Was just curious, really......that's all. I do, seriously, hope you get an answer to your problem, though. I don't have an answer,

and i've contributed enough to going very OT.

Gourcuff, I think the problem people had with your response was that it did come across as extremely ungrateful. You didn't give a tremendous amount of detail and the dude gave you a list of ways that he cheaply aquires players. A more appropriate response, especially for a public forum, would have been "thanks, I appreciate the response, but thats not exaclty what I am looking for." That reponse would not have attracted any level of vitriol at all and any further responses would have continued to be helpful.

At any rate, I don't have any "tricks", but if I can't get a team to accept an offer at a price that I want, I will try adding another clause, or lowering the upfront payment and in some monthly payments.

My answer could have been this: "It doesn't really help me". It would have been exactly the same. Then I explained why I think his answer doesn't help me. I don't get where is the problem and why is everybody so offended - you're all like a woman and her friends when you tell her she has small breasts :-)

Mods, might as well close this thread. This excuse for a human has just proved that there's no apology to be had.

Unnecessary mate... even if it wasn't the response you wanted, show a bit of maturity and politely say so.

A few people here need to learn some self-esteem. Sure Gourcuff20 wasn't that constructive and his reply was rather low-class. But anyway some of you guys are just trolling and/or crying.

About transfers, basically the only thing left to say is unsettling. An unsettled player is often easy to grab, getting there is the hard part of course. I usually just make an offer after offer (non-negotiable) and if the player is extremely interested he will soon be concerned and eventually unsettled. This can take only few weeks or even a year so it's not full-proof. Oh and praise the player tactfully occasionally.

Not much else I can give you about the subject. But I'm sure you already knew all this.

Archived