STEAM - why??

Why is Steam necessary? Slows down my PC

Now I have notified by Steam that use accounts have been compromised. An account on a web site I don't want to use has been 'hacked'.

Going back to an older version and will probably not buy another version unless Steam is at least optional.

Not happy at all - been playing FM for years. Good game - no great game - until now.

Yours

Very unhappy

get over it? steam is here to stay.

going steam only the game was not pirated until 1 week after release.

anything to hinder pirates is good in my book.

Now I have notified by Steam that use accounts have been compromised. An account on a web site I don't want to use has been 'hacked'.

Going back to an older version and will probably not buy another version unless Steam is at least optional.

Not happy at all - been playing FM for years. Good game - no great game - until now.

Yours

Very unhappy

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Completely agree but the thread will be closed under the 'we've heard it all before and no point discussing it further' mantra no doubt!

Steam will not be slowing down your PC to any noticeable level, unless your trying to us an abacus to play FM.

The steam forums were hacked, not the steam servers, unless you have signed up to the steam forums you have little to worry about, if there was an issue with steam accounts they would have suspended the service.

Completely agree but the thread will be closed under the 'we've heard it all before and no point discussing it further' mantra no doubt!

probably becuase we have. repeatedly. It offers nothing new. he's made his point, and he can make a futher one by not buying the next installment

/thread

probably becuase we have. repeatedly. It offers nothing new. he's made his point, and he can make a futher one by not buying the next installment

/thread

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, no-one closes a thread saying the game is great with a 'we've heard it all before so shut up' response.

Steam will not be slowing down your PC to any noticeable level, unless your trying to us an abacus to play FM.

The steam forums were hacked, not the steam servers, unless you have signed up to the steam forums you have little to worry about, if there was an issue with steam accounts they would have suspended the service.

Completely incorrect and confirmed by Valve:

http://techcrunch.com/2011/11/10/psa-steam-hacked-user-info-stolen-but-personal-data-safe/

(regarding the hack comment)

get over it? steam is here to stay.

going steam only the game was not pirated until 1 week after release.

anything to hinder pirates is good in my book.

Thats no good if it hinders people who buy it and reduces the number of copies bought.

You dont have to be a genius to see that stopping pirates is no good if it stops people from buying the game.

Now pirates are playing unhindered while customers are still having problems, theres a good chance a number of those will just pirate it next year to get a better experience.

Yours

Very unhappy

Sounds almost like you're steaming mad.

Thanks for letting us know - it's valid to share your opinion and we appreciate it, although I'd question the accuracy of some of your claims about the platform. Steam shouldn't slow your PC down really either unless you're on or below minimum spec.

We obviously considered carefully the benefits that Steam brings (numerous) versus the fact that there are people out there who don't want to use it and decided that we'd see how we went with it for now. If that's going to change in future we'll obviously let people know.

Archived