Would this guy work as a trequartista?

I just wanted peoples opinions on this player that i've signed from Yeovil : http://www.imagelodge.net/imgs/thesuperleeds/Screen-shot-2011-11-24-at-01-13-48uj7.png could be re-trained to ST with the role of been a trequartista? The other roles that i've considered for him in my team is Advanced Playmaker (Attack), Inside Forward (Attack)

What does everyone think? (i play a 4-3-3 btw)

Well.... surely retraining him as a Striker is the only way to keep him useful in a 4-3-3... too weak, physically and mentally, to play as a MC in such a tactic, even for League 2 standards.

Frankly I'd try to switch to 4-3-1-2 or similar, so you can accomodate him in a traditional AMC/trequartista position without having to retrain him... Still his attacking/shooting skills seem to be decent enough to make him an ok striker, although it'd be a short-term solution IMO.

Personally I would never give somebody a treqartista role at that level of football, but to each his own.

I had a trequarista in my save in the BSN, English 6th tier I think, and he scored 35 goals in 37 games, 22 assists and had a 7.91 average rating with 12 MOM awards and this was in the league only so I think it can work at this level too although you might want to have players around him doing more work than they would usually do.

I'd suggest training him up for the forward line would be better than playing him in the midfield 3. The fella that said he's too weak mentally and physically to play in midfield, I partly agree, but also partly disagree. 10 isn't a bad rating of strength in league 2, and sure, he's lacking some mental attributes, but he's so good in other areas it would make up for that. He might be a bit of a soft touch in the midfield, but he could really rack up the assists there, as well as chip in with the odd goal too. His stamina however may mean he's not always the best option to start games, but I personally think it's always great to have a game changing player on the bench, and this guy looks like he could be a killer player for that role, whether as a forward, or a midfielder, or best yet, both.

All MC's should be retrained as an AMC then a striker. Also instead of saying trequartista, you could of just said a Forward. Would of made much more sense

Why should "all" MCs be retrained to AMC then ST?

You are aware by doing that you'll make attributes cost more CA points which will mean a drop in attributes or with a young player attributes won't reach the level they would have done without the retraining.

Why should "all" MCs be retrained to AMC then ST?

You are aware by doing that you'll make attributes cost more CA points which will mean a drop in attributes or with a young player attributes won't reach the level they would have done without the retraining.

On the other hand, I signed a rather slow M R player with amazing technique and good mental stats as a 18 year old and retrained him to the AM R position which I use in my tactic. Until the positional rating reached Accomplished and Natural, the quickness attributes remained roughly the same (11/12). After he became an AM R, his pace and acceleration skyrocketed and ended up at 16/16. I guess this is because the AM R and M R positions highlight different attributes.

This is why I prefer wingers that are also AM C in my tactic, since they are usually better at finishing, passing and creativity and not just fast, selfish dribblers.

Maybe Wiitastic has had good experiences retraining M C's to AM C's and then S C's, ending up with creative, hard-working strikers?

I just wanted peoples opinions on this player that i've signed from Yeovil : http://www.imagelodge.net/imgs/thesuperleeds/Screen-shot-2011-11-24-at-01-13-48uj7.png could be re-trained to ST with the role of been a trequartista? The other roles that i've considered for him in my team is Advanced Playmaker (Attack), Inside Forward (Attack)

What does everyone think? (i play a 4-3-3 btw)

to be honest, i'd just use him as central midfielder at that level.

i'm not over keen on traquartistas though and will only ever deploy one if i've got a world class player who perfectly fits the role.

OK, I give up, I have to be the dummy that says 'I haven't a clue what a triquart...thingummy is'.

Can someone explain?

Signed;

Desperately dumb.

A Trequartista is a forward who has no defensive responsibility but is highly creative and given a lot of freedom - usually acting as a playmaker. On the field he'll look to drop off the defence and occupy any space between the opposition defence & midfield. In FM its selectable as a role by placing a player in a ST position.

Its a role more popular in Europe than in the UK, especially in Italy where recent examples include Totti & Del Piero.

I think Messi is the best example of a trequartista IRL. I've used him as a trequartista while upfront on his own on FM11 and he dropped deep to get involved and he also drifted around and found alot of space and ran at the defenders, making them soil themselves :D

I think Messi is the best example of a trequartista IRL. I've used him as a trequartista while upfront on his own on FM11 and he dropped deep to get involved and he also drifted around and found alot of space and ran at the defenders, making them soil themselves :D

Maybe you should take a look at his PPM's before attributing that to the role and duty you set him to :p

He has weaknesses in finishing and dribbling that would make me think twice about using him as a striker, and as others have picked up his stamina is low for an MC. I'd use him as a wide midfielder at MR or advanced playmaker at AMR. Okay, his dribbling is low, but he has high crossing, passing, pace and especially creativity, which he could utilise to great effect.

Archived