Strange and unusual takeovers?

Peter Ridsdale took over Stourbridge in my save and Edgar Davids bought out Ipswich. Discuss?

I trust that Stourbridge eventually went into administration.

In my current save

Dunfermline were saved from administration by a Russian Consortium and are now well off

St. Mirren were bought out by someone from portugal and are now rich

The weirdest one though is Queens park being bought over by a Russian Consortium and are now in the top 40 estimated values for clubs!! lol in that same period they were also relagated to the Scottish 3rd Division

The weirdest one though is Queens park being bought over by a Russian Consortium and are now in the top 40 estimated values for clubs!! lol in that same period they were also relagated to the Scottish 3rd Division

This should never happen, I also thought they are hard coded to remain amateur which might explain why the new found wealth has not improved their position.

keep seeing local businessmen takeover premier league clubs which surely wouldnt happen much in real life. latest one was barry kilby (wasnt he burnley chairman at 1 time?) buy and become chairman of arsenal.

That is totally unrealistic, we are skint and Barry hasn't got anywhere near enough funds for such a takeover lol! I was a bit gutted because on my save i am newcastle, im doing pretty well but Burnley have been taken over by an italian consortium and if it wasn't for my long term save project with newcastle i would of loved to have managed Burnley because when ever i have managed them, it's usually Flood who takes over! Still had an immense save on FM10 which i have kept

Up the clarets!

My Everton team has just been taken over by a tycoon. Kenright will never sell the club IRL... :(

Eh? IRL he's desperately trying to find a buyer.

The Queens Park example aside, none of the cases in this thread strike me as odd. Bear in mind that many tycoons are figureheads of consortia (occasionally shadowy consortia comprising one crook in cases such as Ridsdale and Bates) who put up most of the investment, especially when the figurehead is a famous ex-footballer.

I saw Gianluigi Buffon take over Russian second-tier side Metallurg Lipetsk in FM11, right after he retired from football. :D They got relegated a couple seasons later, though, and became a bit of a yo-yo club - but Buffon was still chairman into the late 2020s when I retired that save.

In my current FM12 save an Israeli tycoon took over West Bromwich Albion and they made it to the Champions League before he withdrew his funding and eventually stepped down. They went back to mid-table obscurity after that.

Archived