[FM12] Become A Pro – story so far…

Latimerinho

‘FM12 - Become a Pro! – Story so far…’ is a career-based thread to monitor the progress of our community-based players created in the Become A Pro! database.

I intend to use this particular thread for screenshot requests and your own mini-stories so that we can see how you or another member of the community has progressed on each game. The question will inevitably be, did you Become A Pro and achieved the career you once imagined?

But what is Become A Pro, how did you do it and how do I join in?

In short, ‘FM12 - Become a Pro!’ is a community-based database update which will see you achieve a boyhood dream of playing for your favourite club (or one of)! It’s as simple as that and requires five minutes of your time to fill in a template that I designed to get all the required information I needed to create you as a player in Football Manager 2012.

I created every player with no bias whatsoever. A limited number of ‘stronger’ attributes are chosen by the user and these are then reflected in-game as being 15-20 attributes, the rest are completely random and generated by FM12 when you load the game.

Each player is created as a 14/15/16 year old and were given a fixed CA of 100 and random PA of either -7 , -8 , -9 or even -10. No player is the same, and the database you create should be unique as FM will calculate and generate the remaining stats at random.

To read more about this and to download the latest release, please use the following thread:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/278747-FM12-Become-a-Pro!

So, what is your story so far?

Post or request your progress on this thread and let’s find out!

Alternatively, why not post the best player on your game? Who has had a successful career and who hasn’t? Who never realised their potential? Who became the next club superstar and who moved on to bigger and better things?

If you haven’t signed up already, why not submit your entry and put yourself in the game to find out if you can make it, like you once dreamt.

I’ll start the ball rolling with my save:

At the end of the 2011/2012 season, many of you were snapped up by bigger clubs after promising starts to your fledging careers. Others remained loyal to the cause and stayed put …. For now.

Colin Scrimgeour

Started as a promising young striker at Dundee United. In his first game for the club he scored two goals, causing a surge of offers for the young Scotsman. Colin played nine games for the first-team before accepting one of these offers, scoring four goals and four assists. A transfer to Liverpool costing in the region of £1.7m has limited him to a only few cup games during the season, but he's already netted his first goal for the senior side in the FA Cup and he's one to keep an eye on next season.

ColinScrimgeour16yo.png

Mark Anthony Guimarães

An extremely good talent on my save and his ability to play in either wing-back position could be vital to his success as a professional footballer. At 14yo, he transferred to Man Utd and has been limited to U18 appearances only, but he has barely missed a game and with an average rating of 7.45 he has progressed well.

MarkAnthonyGuimaraes14yo.png

Rodri

Rodrigo Da Silva Costa, or Rodri known in-game, is a loyal Evertonian in my save and is perhaps the best youngster on their books. Despite attractive offers from other clubs, including Barcelona, Rodri chose to stay at Everton for the start of the 2011/2012 season and has played 48 games, scoring 12 goals with an average rating of 7.19. My scouts give Rodri 4/5 stars, and appears certain to be a great player in the future.

Rodri16yo.png

Richie Brill

Richie is an excellent English prospect. Starting at Southampton at the beginning of the game, he was quickly involved in a transfer tug-of-war between Man City, Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea and Tottenham. Richie accepted Man City’s offer and is beginning to break into the first team, playing four senior games and scoring two goals. It certainly wouldn’t surprise me to see Richie in an England shirt in the very near future.

RichieBrill16yo.png

Samuel Warren

Compared to the above, I predict Samuel to be an excellent Championship player. Although his stats could easily overlooked, you have to admit that his goal ratio appears to be quite impressive, albeit for the reserves. In fact, he has scored the most goals in 2011/2012 from all of the Become A Pro players. With only a few senior games, Samuel will be hoping for a good run in the first-team next season.

SamuelWarren16yo.png

Lucas Fenix

Lucas is one of the few players to start the game without a club, so it’s likely that he will be at different clubs on all of your own games. On my save, Lucas joined Hull City and appears to have made a good start to what will be a good career in Championship football. He has played 35 games and scored four goals, with a decent amount of assists also. Will Lucas stay with the Tigers for the 2012/2013 campaign and break into the first-team more regularly?

LucasFenix16yo.png

David Preece

David is another who starts the game without a club, but on my save he joined Barnsley and has made an interesting start to his career. Initially, David was limited to U18 matches but as the season has gone on he managed to make four senior league appearances, scoring his first goal for the club in the process. It looks as though David will be a good set-piece choice in the future and undoubtedly his best attributes involve his passing ability. I tip David to be a good player and to get plenty of goals and assists in his career.

DavidPreece16yo.png

• 3 weeks later...

I think it's to do with people taking time to get a decent way into the game. Certainly been the case for me as the game refused to load for me near the end of my 1st season so have had to start again. But, for the record, with 41 league games and many cup games gone this season, for the benefit of LazyFig (as I'm a Huddersfield fan and so am managing them).....(these stats include all league and cup games).....

Christo: 15 starts, 11 sub appearances, 1 goal, 2 bookings, average rating of 6.83 (plus 7 youth caps for Australia, 0 goals)

David Jonley: 25 starts, 3 sub appearances, 2 goals, 3 bookings, average rating of 6.89 (plus 2 youth caps for Australia, 0 goals)

I also figure I may as well report on myself (Stevvy): 29 starts, 5 sub appearances, 16 goals, 2 bookings, average rating of 7.04

As I said, there's still 5 league games and at least 1 cup game to go, so those stats will change before the end of the season, but that's the way the 3 users players have started their careers at Huddersfield Town.

• 2 months later...

Archived