whats your squad average age?????

I'm just about to start my second season with Motala AIF in Sweden and my squads average age is 29 lol. This includes 4 players in my starting 11 over the age of 35 (35, 36, 38 and 39). Despite this they still seem to have enough quality left for this division... i hope.

On my current Arsenal save it's 24 I think. Got a few oldies I'm trying to flog. (Oldies to me are >27).

Lots of very young first-teamers though.

On my Newcastle save I'm not sure; it was quite high, but I released Carr and Butt just before closing, so that probably had an effect.

I'm around 24 at both Fiorentina and Werder Bremen.

I've had squad average age of 17 before now though at lower league clubs, especially at Caersws were I only used players from my youth system or others born in and around Caersws, which resulted in a team of 16 year olds with one or two slightly older players.

25 at Arsenal in 2012

I was just hired this season and was very pleased to see the progress of Barazite, Merida, Denilson and Nordveit. All still very young.

I didn't have to make many purchases for my first season, I'm currently in first after 8 matches. So far so good icon_cool.gif

My average age has been 24 for about 3 seasons now as I implement a wage structure and sell on older players who start to ask for too much.

The current perception is that most of the Anti Social Behaviour in this area is caused by young people living in the area, whereas residents claim it's a combination of local youths and teenagers who attend schools in the area but live outside the borough.

My average age at Southampton in December 2009 (bearing in mind I'm playing FM07) is 21.

Oldest player is Chris Baird at 27, youngest player is Lauri Dalla Valle who I think is still 17 (can't check as I'm at work).

I always end up with really young squads, generally ship players out when they reach 29 or 30, or even earlier if I've got a promising youngster ready to take over. I'll make exceptions for goalkeepers, in fact I've still got Kelvin Davis (though he spends most of his time in the reserves, else my average age would probably be a year or so higher).

My current first team squad is:

GK Kasper Schmeichel

DR Leyrielton

DR Andrew Callaghan

DL Gareth Bale

DL Dennis Cagara

DC Gabriel Tamas

DC Ezequiel Garay

DC Chris Baird

DC Loic Abenzoar

MC Didier Digard

MC Distel Zola

MC Jamie O'Hara

MC Olivier Prinz

AMR Christian Benavente

AMR James Henry

AML Kevin Larsen

AML Lauri Dalla Valle

AMR/L Diego Biseswar

ST Kenwyne Jones

ST Lasse Qvist

ST Tommy Hoiland

ST Genero Zeefuik

ST Diego Stuart (young Brazilian, think he's a regen, but he's rated as a wonderkid and is my leading scorer in the current season)

Mine is 28.

They have been playing together now for 4 years and are kicking butt so I have not bothered to keep it down. ALthough my back-up GK, RB and DM are all 34 and are retireing after this season so that will drop it considerably.

• 2 weeks later...

my lowest average sqaud age was 20 for oxford in my first season, i only had 3 players over 31 in the first squad... javi heredia 21, seyfo soley 28, kelvin jack 31. so without jack and soley it would of been about 18/19

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gazza D:

my lowest average sqaud age was 20 for oxford in my first season, i only had 3 players over <STRIKE>31</STRIKE> 20 in the first squad... javi heredia 21, seyfo soley 28, kelvin jack 31. so without jack and soley it would of been about 18/19 </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Archived