Help with PC Specs

Hi, I am getting a new laptop and I would like some input on whether or not this laptop would run Football Manager 2012 well. Thanks

HP Black 17.3" g7-1219wm Laptop PC with AMD Dual-Core E-450 Processor and Windows 7 Home Premium

AMD Dual-Core E-450 processor

1.65GHz, 1MB L2 Cache

4GB DDR3 SDRAM system memory (expandable to 8GB)

Gives you the power to handle most power hungry applications and tons of multimedia work

500GB SATA hard drive

Store 333,000 photos, 142,000 songs or 263 hours of HD video and more

SuperMulti DVD Burner

Watch movies, and read and write CDs and DVDs in multiple formats

10/100Base-T Ethernet, 802.11b/g/n Wireless LAN

Connect to a broadband modem with wired Ethernet or wirelessly connect to a Wi-Fi signal or hotspot with the 802.11b/g/n connection built into your PC

17.3" HD+ BrightView LED-backlit display

AMD Radeon HD 6320 Discrete-Class Graphics with up to 1973MB total graphics memory

The processor is dreadful. Do you really need a 17.3" screen? I'd sacrifice that for a 15.6" (or maybe less) and boost the processor by several notches.

It's an unbalanced laptop (decent graphics card, decent amount of RAM, terrible processor) so it really isn't worth it.

To show you how bad the processor is: It's on par with the Core 2 Duo U7600, which was released in Q2 2007! http://ark.intel.com/products/29764/Intel-Core2-Duo-Processor-U7600-(2M-Cache-1_20-GHz-533-MHz-FSB)-Socket-P

The processor is very basic and doesn't meet the minimum specs of the game which recommends at least 2.0 Ghz processor if running Windows 7.

The graphics card is a basic entry level laptop card, should run 2D but unsure how well the performance on 3D would be.

RAM is fine.

Definately would consider a different laptop as the processor is quite important in running FM and the one you have chosen is very low end.

It's better but still not very good, if you can afford it try to buy something with an Intel i3 processor, AMD are not as cost effective as they where 4 or 5 years ago.

Try this one or this one, again not the greatest but I'd certainly say they are better value at your price range.

This will definitely do as long as you can afford it. An i3 would have been enough as well as an B950/B960 but if you can afford an i5-based CPU this is great for FM as the CPU is the most essential component. Obviously, you are going down with the resolution but I manage with the same one - it isn't great for FM as you ca't fit a lot of stuff in the screen but is sort of acceptable.

Mind you, I have no idea about the quality of Gateway laptops as they are not popular in Europe.

This laptop is the minimum I'd recommend in terms of GPU and CPU - the processors handles FM okey, the performance would not be great but will be quite acceptable (as long as you load an acceptable amount of players from the DB) and will save you a lot of cash if you don't need the faster processor for anything else but FM.

And this is what I would actually buy if I was paying for it - Samsung. The processor is ideal for FM, the GPU is basic and will handle basic 3D in FM as long as you don't expect it to handle 3D shooters, too, - it can't. It is a very good balance for this game specifically and Samsung makes quality laptops (as I said no idea about Gateway unfortunately).

It's a good laptop.

Archived