Turning professional in LLM

Hi,

I'm managing Accrington (2nd season, BSP having started in BSN/S). I'm looking to trying to make/ask the club turn professional. The option is greyed out however and I can't offer anyone FT-contracts. I haven't had this problem in earlier version of the game with other LLM teams (Telford, Nuneaton, etc). Has there been an update as to who can turn pro and who can't for this year's edition? Will Accrington never be able to turn pro no matter what?

Some players are asking for a non-contract and won't accept a part-time contract. What's up with this? Haven't experienced this one either. Is this related to the previous?

Cheers guys!

You automatically turn pro when you're promoted to league 2.

Not sure on any other conditions that can make you eligible.

I turned pro after getting to BSP playoffs so my guess is the rep boost from the high league position tipped me over the edge into board deciding it. Guess it could have something to do with chairman ambition as well though possibly

Turning pro in the non-leagues is pot luck. Alot of the time it's down to money and whether your board feel they could cope with having the extra pressure of paying at least 18 full-time contracts a week. If they don't feel that they could cope with this then they won't grant this request or be open to this request.

Once you gain promotion to League Two then you will automatically go full-time at some point before the start of the new season.

Turning pro in the non-leagues is pot luck. Alot of the time it's down to money and whether your board feel they could cope with having the extra pressure of paying at least 18 full-time contracts a week. If they don't feel that they could cope with this then they won't grant this request or be open to this request.

Once you gain promotion to League Two then you will automatically go full-time at some point before the start of the new season.

Did this guy must have a bug then? http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/286175-Professional-Status-problem.

Another question which might (or might not) be related to my problem is the state my players are in. Their condition can go down to 40-50% at the end of a match, which I haven't experienced in previous versions either. Am I training them too hard (all currently on medium)? Do they have poor condition because they are all part-timers and can't train much?

I am playing with a stand-off pressing mentality and only one player has run from deep often. I have, taking into consideration club stature (BSP), a fairly good coaching set-up (3 stars on both fitness and strength).

Also, what about most of my players wanting a new challenge. I have searched the forums for an answer to this but haven't find any "confirmations" as to what it means. So what does it mean? Am I supposed to be worried that my players will want to part with the club soon? I am trying to adjust their training schedules a bit but that doesn't seem to work. I read some praising them in the media and offering them new contracts. Haven't tried that so far. Any suggestions or anyone with experience as what to do?

Also, what about most of my players wanting a new challenge. I have searched the forums for an answer to this but haven't find any "confirmations" as to what it means. So what does it mean? Am I supposed to be worried that my players will want to part with the club soon? I am trying to adjust their training schedules a bit but that doesn't seem to work. I read some praising them in the media and offering them new contracts. Haven't tried that so far. Any suggestions or anyone with experience as what to do?

When you say they want a new challenge, are they unhappy or is it in regards to training? If a member of the backroom staff comes to you with a bit of a report on how he's training and ends it with "X's progress has stalled due to needing a new challenge" that doesn't mean the player is unhappy or wants to leave at all, you don't really need to worry about that.

When you say they want a new challenge, are they unhappy or is it in regards to training? If a member of the backroom staff comes to you with a bit of a report on how he's training and ends it with "X's progress has stalled due to needing a new challenge" that doesn't mean the player is unhappy or wants to leave at all, you don't really need to worry about that.

Yeah it's in their training reports but still they're happy/pleased/content with the training. I'm wondering what it means.

Whether at this level he is unlikely to improve beyond his current ability or whether it means that he will never reach his potential if you stick to this training regime, at this level, etc? Thing is I don't see much improvement attributes-wise inthe team despite improving the coach set-up, gaining promotion, signing players with an ok potential so that the progress has stalled must have something to do with it.

Could be that they're on part-time contracts, of course.

Could be that they're on part-time contracts, of course.

That will be it. Players will reach a certain 'ceiling' at some point and will then need to train at a higher intensity than the part-time schedules allow if they are to reach their potential. There's nothing you can really do about it.

I must say I really prefer the way part-time/full-time contracts are handled in this version. Previously you could just offer your players and staff full-time contracts despite the semi-pro status and basically have a fully professional set-up regardless. It also made no sense that players would sign pro contracts on very low wages. Now you have to officially turn pro and the players will ask for a hefty payrise to play full-time which makes sense since they obviously have to ditch their day jobs.

That will be it. Players will reach a certain 'ceiling' at some point and will then need to train at a higher intensity than the part-time schedules allow if they are to reach their potential. There's nothing you can really do about it.

I must say I really prefer the way part-time/full-time contracts are handled in this version. Previously you could just offer your players and staff full-time contracts despite the semi-pro status and basically have a fully professional set-up regardless. It also made no sense that players would sign pro contracts on very low wages. Now you have to officially turn pro and the players will ask for a hefty payrise to play full-time which makes sense since they obviously have to ditch their day jobs.

It looks like an improvement and more realistic to me as well although I would have preffered some kind of feedback on <i>why</i> progress has stalled.

The full-time issue makes the LLM a bit tougher I guess and might take longer time to achieve your goals but I'm all for it.

Cheers!

Guys, sorry. Yeah I'm managing Altrincham, not Accrington!

I did however now hover the cursor over the "Turn professional" option and it said I couldn't afford to turn pro. Problem solved! Cheers!

Nice to know that you've realised who you're managing after a couple of years. Always a bonus! The fans will appreciate this.

Archived