Who On Here Has Managed Barcelona?

My journeyman save on FM11 brought me at Nou Camp in 2019-20 and won at least a Treble for 5 years in a row [barça hadn't won a thing since 2013], then I got bored and stopped playing.

The challenge was rebuilding a mediocre squad, but thanks to solid reputation and finances it just took a single season to get back on the winning track.

It didn't get boring too soon because I was working on developing youngsters instead of spending huge sums for already established players [except a handful of supertalented players, still aged 24 or less]

I managed Barcelona once when I was doing a career game. Did not like the club at all. Money was flowing in like water even with their high wage bills though. But the club was too uptight and had so many players when I joined.

I managed the club for only one season before I resigned and went elsewhere.

Thats been my ultimate goal for years of playing FM. I refuse to start with them though, I only follow job offers.

I thought I finally had my dream when Pep got the Spain job in 2015. I was front runner for the job according to the media. Alas, they never offered it to me.

I've got a save as Barcelona and I dont find it boring at all. The way to make it so that it's not boring, is to look towards training youth and bringing youth through from your own set-up. Ignore the vast amounts of money and concentrate on building a squad of your own. After season 1, i've received 3 potential first team players, with 1 of them being a certain. A 6'9" Central Defender, he will definately take Puyol's place. I've also decided to take up a side career in Season 2 when I applied for the China job. It add's something different to your game, so that your not completely focused on Barcelona.

Archived