Player animations in FM12

I know, animations are not the most important thing in the FM series. We played for a long time with dots afterall.

But SI communicates a lot on the animations, underlining their improvements year after year.

But (again), I still think there is much to improve. I'm not talking about a better 3D (like FIFA ou PES), but the animations themselves. Many of them are buged, or just not right.

Here is a list for instance :

GK picking the ball at the limit of their zone (and often crossing the line with the ball in the hands)

GK attracting the ball to them when they jump to catch it

GK sliding on the pitch (?!)

GKs going through the goal to retrieve the ball, and the ball going through the net when hitting the adboards behind the goal

Assistant refs should use different hands when showing throw ins to a team or the other (when puting the flag up)

In substitutions, the player on the field has to leave the pitch before the sub can come in !

When a player scores, 99% of the time, teammates jump on him to congratulate him, the don't stay 2 meters behind clapping...

I would be nice to see the ref showing yellow/red cards before the message poping up on the screen and then name of player turning yellow/red (that shows the player name and the yellow/red card). Makes more sense to me...

The players don't need to pick up the ball to put it a few inches further.

When a player is hurt, sometimes he runs out the field, but the physio walks slowly behind him...

Sometimes the players take the "long way" to leave the field when they are hurt (going near the goal, when the throw-in line is way closer) - if it's on purpose, then the ref should tell them to leave the quickiest way

When a physio comes to check on a hurt player, the players always has to leave the pitch afterwards

That's a few that I have in mind for now...

I'm only talking about player animations, so it's not bugs.

I know they are small things, but it's things we see in every game. Would be great if SI could improve/correct these and then claim that they have polished the graphics.

Archived