audio commentry

Surely this would not be relevant seeing as the game is football management simulation, and not a football simulation i.e FIFA. Your job is to be watching the game and making your own commentary in the form of mental notes - how the game is developing tactically and what your tactical decisions should be in relation to what is going on in the game itself; not sit back and watch a game of football like it was a Saturday afternoon.

Surely this would not be relevant seeing as the game is football management simulation, and not a football simulation i.e FIFA. Your job is to be watching the game and making your own commentary in the form of mental notes - how the game is developing tactically and what your tactical decisions should be in relation to what is going on in the game itself; not sit back and watch a game of football like it was a Saturday afternoon.

that why i said have it as a tick-box option personally i'd like it i mean with that arguement you could say well we might as well not have text commmentry

The time and cost to implement this is pretty big - you have to pay commentators to record it all, you need a studio to record it in, sound engineers to record it and then it all needs to be linked to the text commentary and action on the pitch - which makes me think the outlay wouldn't meet the demand.

You sound exactly like the people who used to say "we don't want a 3-D match". We just want to use our imagination with text commentary.

Once again this is a purchaser of the game asking for an OPTION.

Bring back Clive Tyldesley!!! ;)

You sound exactly like the people who used to say "we don't want a 3-D match". We just want to use our imagination with text commentary.

Once again this is a purchaser of the game asking for an OPTION.

Bring back Clive Tyldesley!!! ;)

The problem is, SI have a finite budget (in both money and manpower terms) to make the game - and every option that gets added is taking away time/money that could be spent better elsewhere (imo of course).

And there are big issues with audio commentary anyway - you would have to have the game on a much slower speed to use it, there are issues with players names (there are far far more names here than in PES for example) and so on.

There was audio commentary on one of the old CM versions ... and it was horrible. Player names couldn't be spoken as there were too many to record, and club names were spoken in a completely different tone of voice. So it just sounded strange.

I think it would cost too much and not offer what we want to the game. I am sure technology is better today than back in the day, for this kind of thing, but I don't see it work properly.

I would think other areas of the game need attention before they start introducing audio commentary.

The problem is, SI have a finite budget (in both money and manpower terms) to make the game - and every option that gets added is taking away time/money that could be spent better elsewhere (imo of course).

And there are big issues with audio commentary anyway - you would have to have the game on a much slower speed to use it, there are issues with players names (there are far far more names here than in PES for example) and so on.

Game can let audio commentary work on normal or slow speed, if user speed-up game over half of the speed bar, audio commentary can be automaticly close

Player name is a problem, but if SI doesn't start to record, it will always be a big project

Audio commentry is come true, a Chinese guy made a patch to implement it

It's the Chinese version, exported from PES's audio commentry

download here: http://115.com/file/clsn66am

Extract Events and sounds folders to \Football Manager 201X\data (make sure you have backup)

preview video:http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjQwODE3NDc2.html

Isn't there an English version floating around?

Isn't there an English version floating around?

I don't know. You can DIY.

Open Football Manager 2012\data\events\events.cfg and match_sounds.cfg with notepad. You will know how to link events and match sounds, then you can export audio commentry from PES or FIFA, even if record yourself

Waste of time to do this.

Managers dont watch tv and listen to commentator's advice.

If they ever make this available to English users. Russian, Africans, etc will ask for their Russian, Italian commentaries..

Then manager can stand on the roof to watch the game (There are so many camera views in the game)?

Good old Clive did one a few years back but it lagged and didn't really add to the atmosphere, just got annoying. If PES can do it then I'm sure SI could but as someone said, it would be a huge task and as a lot of people don't seem to listen to crowd noises will they listen to commentary?

Someone did an audio commentary file using FIFA (I think) for either FM09 or FM10. I never downloaded it personally but those that did said it was pretty good.

Archived