FM12: Way Too Easy

kb77

I'm playing as shef wed manager in League 1. I haven't made too many changes, just a new ass man and Att. midfielder. I'm winning every game by 3 or 4 goals. I dont even bother with the tactics, its always standard/balanced.

Its never been this easy in my opinion, is SI looking into this for the next patch?

Could be, but I' seeing a few other threads about this. Its almost like the player always has an advantage over the AI.

Even in games where I may go down at first by 1 or 2 goals, I always come back and score 3 or 4 goals. Without me doing much on tactics

When you have played an entire season using those tactics or even once you get promoted, then come back and tell us whether it is still easy :)

Well, I hope so, I want it to be challenging. So I'll see how I do in a few seasons

The reason I say that is because I used to use the default tactics only and they do work but as stated above, when you lose one game, you tend to struggle for a few games until you can find a way to increase morale. Also, against the big sides (Arsenal, Man City, Man Utd etc.), the default tactics tend not to be too successful

Take a team fighting relegation in one of the lesser leagues and see how you go.

I do agree that the game can be easy with one of the big clubs (and you are a big club in that league), but that's when you have to set yourself goals... i.e. a cup run, building your club up for the championship.

I'm playing as shef wed manager in League 1. I haven't made too many changes, just a new ass man and Att. midfielder. I'm winning every game by 3 or 4 goals. I dont even bother with the tactics, its always standard/balanced.

Its never been this easy in my opinion, is SI looking into this for the next patch?

There's a 1,300 page thread on this issue. Yes the game is too easy this year for some, post your game details in there as SI need to collate as much info as they can to resolve the problem....

Here's the link:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/283877-FM2012-difficulty.?p=7335962&viewfull=1#post7335962

Won Championship at a stroll with West Ham. Second season in the Prem I am being battered by the big teams, and have to scrape results against others. It gets harder believe me, especially when defenders don't defend which is my biggest gripe with the game!

Defensive mentality = passive attitude

That's why it is so easy playing against teams which aim at parking the bus. Unless they are super-efficient on the counter, with fast attackers, they will not pose a threat, and you basically get to do whatever it is you set out to do.

And that is why "defenders don't defend" when you do the same. Try increasing mentality but let closing down and creative freedom remain relatively low (same as defensive line, more or less).

I'm playing as Brentford, I also found League 1 fairly easy - I finished second and gained promotion.

The Championship on the other hand is extremely competitive and has proven to be a much tougher challenge. It's a struggle to stay out of relegation whilst only picking up a couple of points here and there.

The game is too easy this year but you can make it a lot harder by not choosing a top side. With Man City I won everything within two seasons without much effort. So I started a new game as Crawley Town and it's much better. The adjustment in wages is huge - £1000 maximum allowed by the board and a transfer budget of just £200K. Needless to say this is more challenging and therefore more rewarding.

That said FM12 is one of the best in the series so we mustn't complain too much

Archived