Toshiba NB550D

The problem with netbook's is the screen size, even if you had the most powerful cpu & RAM on the market you will still have problems with FM working on a sub 11" screen.

Eh, no.

I saw a deal at Sainsbury's the other day where they were selling Medion laptops with second generation i3s in them for that amount of money. Might still be going on, worth checking out hotukdeals.com.

Netbooks are among the most pointless deriviation of computers I've seen. Second only to..nope, they are the most pointless.

It's an improvement but the true answer does depend on your budget, if you are desperate for a new netbook & this is the most you can afford then it will have to be the one you go for, just don't expect anything other than low end performance from FM.

If you're not in desperate need, can wait & have the means to save some extra cash then that is what I would do, wait until you can afford a reasonable spec laptop.

Netbooks are utterly pointless. They're neither here nor there and fail to do anything suitably.

hotukdeals.com

You will find a bargain of a laptop at somepoint that will do everything you want. Of course, the clever money goes in desktops - but this is a pricey outlay if you don't already have a screen and whatnot.

Archived