To scout, or not to scout?

I don't send scouts out on any missions at all; only one on 'next opposition'.

If I need a player I search & identify him for myself.

Why do I not send out scouts? There is no way to request that they only report on players that are better than what I have in existing squad & I am never interested in signing inferior players. End result is I get dozens of completely useless recommendations that all need to be deleted & this has to be done individually. Why not a 'cancel all this idiot's reports' button.

These problems (- absence of buttons for 'only report on superior players' & 'delete all reports') have existed in WWFM since it began & I don't know why SI can't address them.

Hence: I operate with one 'home' scout & one 'foreign' scout.

Anyone else agree?

Am I missing something?

Now, the players that appear in your search results are affected by the knowledge of your scouts, and sending out scouts improves your knowledge of different areas of the world.

Scouts are also the best way to discover the 'next big thing' in the game, as they very often don't appear on search results unless your scouts have seen them.

Actually you can now set a minimum ability and potential on the scout assignment so you can make them only report on players that are actually better than your own.

Also in my experience scouts now spot a lot more players(when scouting competitions specially) even if you can't sign them right now, scouting has improved a lot in my opinion, now if only they fix the scouting nation with 100% knowledge glitch.

Interesting points gentlemen. I still don't see how to set 'minimum ability and potential' in the scouting. Can you be more precise as to where I look Coentrao?

We are still stuck cancelling dross reports individually I presume?

Interesting points gentlemen. I still don't see how to set 'minimum ability and potential' in the scouting. Can you be more precise as to where I look Coentrao?

We are still stuck cancelling dross reports individually I presume?

When you create an assignment, you have a button to "add condition", there you can choose the minimum potential and ability.

I can't be 100% sure on this, but i'm pretty confident you can delete all the scout reports of an individual scout by holding " CTRL + A " which selects them all, then you press delete.

I wish there was a way to set the game to automatically do this when you move jobs; it sucks that your scout reports from one club continue to the next, and you're searching for a good player only to find he's not any good for your current club.

Archived