How to Beat Teams that Park the Bus?

I'm late in the season with my prolific Arsenal team leading the Premier League, but teams are starting to come up with ways to stop me. I'm seeing weaker teams do unbelievable things to just put everybody on defense, and I can't do anything to stop it!

My most recent game was vs. West Ham, where they opened with a 3-3-2-2 (3 defenders, 3 DM's, 2 MC's, and 2 strikers)! With eight players basically playing defense, there's no way for me to score here. They later switched to a 5-3-2 (5 defenders, one DM, two MC's, and 2 strikers). I can't attack the flanks here and can't go down the middle either!

I play a 4-4-2 with the wide mids in the AML/AMR slots. I've tried switching to a 4-5-1 to retain possession in the midfield, because teams have started loading up in the center to deny my dangerous MC's the ball. But this doesn't seem to be getting me any more scoring opportunities anyway when I'm playing against a 5-3-2.

Is there some way I can try to draw teams out and hit them on counter attacks? Simply using 'counter' doesn't seem to accomplish this.

Archived