FM 2012 Too Harsh!

jamestraceynewsinbox.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

A couple of things have happened in FM2012 that seem a little harsh. First, the above sacking seems really tough, they're top by 4 points in December. Shearer gets sacked.

Secondly, the amount of quality german youth players that get released seems high. I keep getting offered players who have 4 star potential on frees. These are players who at 16 ad 17 are featuring for Bayern etc, then getting released. Surely the club doesn't have that many good players that it can let these players go. Below is one of the players let go this summer that I picked up for free.

romanserrreportscoachreq.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I get that, but I'm getting around 10 a season, all German and all potentially leading players. At Malaga we are top of La Liga and have been minimum European Semi finalists for 5 seasons with a very good squad. So as it's all relative, I have a very good squad.

I think the German regen issue has been raised in the bugs forum, as for Shearer getting the boot if the new board wanted their own man then I see no issue with Shearer getting the boot.

as for Shearer getting the boot if the new board wanted their own man then I see no issue with Shearer getting the boot.

Kind of, I mean you could see it happening under extreme circumstances but then the game doesn't simulate the consequences such action would no doubt have in reality. Their fans would likely be rioting and you'd expect the media to make a huge deal out of something like this. Some of their players would probably go public with their concerns etc. In FM it's just the laconic 'Shearer sacked' and then life goes on as normal.

Archived