What do you do as soon as you start a new game?

Hi everyone, how we all doing?

So basically, what does everyone do as soon as they start a new game?

Do you start by firing all the current staff?

Do you assign all the training first?

Do you load previous tactics first?

Do you scout and try to sign players you like?

What's your procedure? Be as specific as possible please~!!~

JOE

-Set up the formation/tactic, normally i load a tactic i've used before

-Have a good look at the team to see what areas need to be reinforced though i generally don't make many signings on the first transfer window

-Sort out the staff, training and scouting assignments

-Cancel the scheduled friendlies and schedule my own.

Actually, the very first thing I do is look for captains and set-piece takers within the squad. I'm not sure why I put that so high on the list, I guess it's a bit of a lead-in to working out where the squad needs strengthening. Maybe it's just to get it set up out of the way so I can forget about it afterwards.

Although straight after that I kick out half of the staff and bring in my own coaches.

backroom clear out

set up training

adjust budgets

set formation

set what players i want in formation

check reserve youth teams for players that shouldnt be there

offer players forsale

hire new staff

set up scouting

sign players

kick a$$

My approach is very similar to this... apart from the final item on the list :thdn:

Well I just started a game with Paris FC in the French 3rd Division.

First thing I did was hassle the board into letting me get more coaches and scouts.

- Hassle board

- Sign new staff (fire the current ones who don't offer anything)

- Set up training/scouting assignments

- Release any players who are overpaid

- Release all youth players and most reserve players (my facilities aren't good enough to allow them to reach their potential anyway)

- Have a look at my team and decide my tactics

- Scower for players I can get on a free

It's the first game of FM I've ever played mind you, so I'm probably just flat out forgetting to do something.

1 Kick out the current staff and load my tactic

2 hire a new assistant manager

3 click continue till I get the new assman

4 hire the rest of the staff

5 set up team policy, training and scouting

6 look for players to strengthen team. Usually not much money first season, so I don't get to do major changes at all.

7 get rid of *insert derogatory term here* mucking up the squad

8 set up at least 8 friendly fixtures

9 click continue until start of season

always sort the staff out first, sack anyone whose not good enough and search for replacements, not easy on this version tho. also sort scouting assignments out.

then do exactly the same with the playing squad. check reserves and u18s to see if theres any little hidden gems there.

while thats happening i hassle the board for anything and everything i can get from them starting with extra transfer funds.

only set up my tactics on the eve of my first friendly.

I always remove the 'coach handles contract renewals for u18's' option because one time I was Real Madrid and a complete and utter moron of a coach gave an u18 player named 'Raul' and £125k pw 5 year contract. Couldnt get rid of the player for love nor money after that as nobody else would touch him with a barge pole. :mad:

Kick staff, hire staff. Training. Team options (assman control etc.). Then look at squad. Notice a few players I hate for no reason whatsoever. Decide to sell them. Anger the team by selling those players. Bring in random youngsters. Start thinking of what formation I should play. Realize I have eight centre backs. Suddenly, it is October. Finally realized the formation I want to play. It is now December. Think of getting rid of the surplus centrebacks in winter. Have no luck selling them. Bring another youngster. He is a central defender. That is the story of my first six months in charge in pretty much every single of my FM games to date.

1. check and or kick out staff

2. arrangea friendly as quick as possible for u-18, reserves and first team

3. send scouts out straight away

4. set u-18 players into train new positions

5. affiliated clubs - get rid or ask for new

6. check out rival sides friendlies and try to attend 6-8 games involving clubs around me

Have a look at the team first, then i choose a way to set the team up based on the teams key players, then decide what i need for the moment in terms of players or back ups, then i sort out staff, both coaches and scouts, make up training schedules, then i start trying to sign players.

Clear out dead wood.

Offer potentials out on loan.

Go through each position and make sure enough quality players for each position and a backup.

Check the training and coaches. Fire the coaches that can't do 4 stars or more.

Check the scout reports.

Load tactics.

Hold Team Meeting.

Set captains, free kick takers, etc.

Adjust budgets where I can.

1. Dump the staff

2. Tweak the training schedules

3. Load up the 3 tactics I have saved (only use one though, the same one I've used for the past 3 years)

4. Offer contracts to new staff

5. Look for free players (though now I simply go after the same handful each time)

6. Schedule preseason friendlies to build up some momentum going into the season

7. Attend my first press conference and give the same answers every single time...and die a little bit on the inside.

1. I replace the training schedules with my own training schedules and sort the players in the different categories.

2. Replace staff, that is below 3,5 stars and make sure that there is only 1 coach for each training category to save money

3. Set the 3 formations (usually 4-2-3-1, 4-4-2 and 4-5-1)

4. Scout my youth team to see if there is some players good enough for the first team or to be loaned out.

5. Set the team policy

6. Sell players that are not needed in both first team and reserves, I also try to sell players that dosen't fit in my tactics

7. Try to re-negotiate the contracts of high earners, if that fails, I try to sell those who are not too important for my team

8. Buy players needed for me to succeed. :)

9. Set up scouting

10. Renew contracts of key players and propects that are going to expire soon

-Set up the formation/tactic, normally i load a tactic i've used before

-Have a good look at the team to see what areas need to be reinforced though i generally don't make many signings on the first transfer window

-Sort out the staff, training and scouting assignments

-Cancel the scheduled friendlies and schedule my own.

I pretty much do this too.

I find it odd that so many people get rid of all the staff. It can be a real waste of money ditching all the staff. Having a 5 star coach for all the training areas actually doesn't make much of a difference at all. Player's will still improve even if you only have 2 star coaches. Why would you fire scouts either? Unless they're really bad I'd prefer to make them work for their money rather than just paying them off to leave.

I also never offer new contracts immediately after taking over a team. It's better to take the team to get to know the players, see how they performs and get a sense of their personality attributes before making any big decisions.

1. Load Tactics

2. Load Training

3. Place everyone that is bad in reserves

4. Offer up everyone from reserves

5. Get rid of staff

6. Cancel Friendlies and replace them with my own

7. Sign everyone I need

8. Set up team policy, scouting, and training, and after I have signed my desired staff

I pretty much do this too.

I find it odd that so many people get rid of all the staff. It can be a real waste of money ditching all the staff. Having a 5 star coach for all the training areas actually doesn't make much of a difference at all. Player's will still improve even if you only have 2 star coaches. Why would you fire scouts either? Unless they're really bad I'd prefer to make them work for their money rather than just paying them off to leave.

I also never offer new contracts immediately after taking over a team. It's better to take the team to get to know the players, see how they performs and get a sense of their personality attributes before making any big decisions.

They are always really bad. I usually only keep one or two of the staff when I take over a relatively big club - like Roma. Not because "I want my own guys" but because having good staff increases the club's reputation and is a reason for players to choose you rather than anyone else. Good coaches do make a difference. This can be measured not only from attribute increases but also how tired the players become in a match and how fit they are for the next match.

Getting proper staff in is the first thing I do because they contribute to the amount of players in the club's knowledge as well as its rreputation. I don't want to search for players until that is done.

I don't know why there are Fitness Coaches who can't coach fitness in the game, especially at the highest level. It is unrealistic.

Hi everyone, how we all doing?

So basically, what does everyone do as soon as they start a new game?

Do you start by firing all the current staff?

Do you assign all the training first?

Do you load previous tactics first?

Do you scout and try to sign players you like?

What's your procedure? Be as specific as possible please~!!~

JOE

tell my wife to find a new husband,although that doesnt go down to well.

Archived