How to get started in Football Manager 2012

Hi guys, haven't played the game since 2005, and Championship Manager before that. I have 2012 winging its way to me as we speak, and want to get started as smoothly as possible. I'm thinking of getting a new laptop some time in the not so distant future but I know I can play the game having installed it on my current laptop. Is there any way to transfer my saved game as well, when I do decided to buy a new laptop?

I also already have Steam installed on my laptop, as I've been playing the demo, what way do I install the game? Just load up Steam and stick in the disc and install the game as normal? I assume Steam checks for the updates too?

This probably isn't the right place to post this, but feel free to move it! I'm new to Steam and like I said, haven't played FM in quite a while!

Your save game is stored in the games sub folder in Sports Interactive folder in your Documents- transfer that onto a usb stick then browse to that location when you reload the game on the new machine.

As long as you have steam installed on the new machine, install as normal and input the code from the box and the game will be automatically updated after activation and linked to your steam account thereafter

Archived