Crash dumps - a poll

How often do you get a 'crash dump'  

136 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you get a 'crash dump'

• at least once every 5 games
    • once every 6-12 games
    • rarely/never

This is actually the first version of FM I have had, problems with. It crashes every 2-5 matches.

Never had problems with any versions before. I believe it is because my computer is old, and need an upgrade, or maybe retiring.

New computer please! :lol:

The sad truth is that crash dumps are related to the computer in question, and not the game.

There is something on your PC that is causing the error, and it is not inherent in the game otherwise a) It would have been noticed in testing (admittedly, SI testing is far from perfect but it's not bad enough to miss something that happens on every machine) and b) It would happen to everyone using a certain configuration.

Neither are true.

Unless the issue is driver related, I would suggest that if you were to (don't do this, it's a waste of effort) format your hard drive, reinstall Windows Vista/7 (not restoring from a manufacturer's disk that includes all their garbage) and then only install Steam and FM12 - it would work.

• Administrators
I am interested in how wide spread this issue is, hopefully SI are too.

I replied to your thread almost a month ago asking:

We could do with a few more details, can you please post your dxidag? - http://community.sigames.com/showthr...=1#post7184733

Do you have any anti-virus or spyware scanning software installed? Let me know, thanks.

You never got back to me - let us know and we may be able to find out what's causing this.

We'd very much rather, if you're suffering from random crashes - rather than vote post a thread here and we'll look into it - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/248-Technical-Issues-and-Crashes

Thanks.

Archived