Lack of Respect!

Managing Aberdeen. Still a "national" reputation. Frustrating.

co-teams.jpg

Yes, I know league reputation is EVERYTHING. But I refuse to sell my players to other teams in the league like I see some people do to build up league reputation. It would never happen IRL, to sell a player to Celtic for 5M when teams all across Europe are offering 5x that. I'm determined to build up SPL reputation by being stellar in Europe.

coleague.jpg

The SPL has improved, but just a little. We've been to 3 CL finals won 1 and won a EURO Cup win in the past 6 years. Were just being judged by the WRONG coefficient!

O well, the Dons play on.

I'm not trying to make the SPL the best, just my squad. And really I don't care where the league ranks. My point is only my achievements according to the coefficient surpass that of Man Utd, Inter, OL and other top Europiean clubs, yet I'm still supposed to be a "National" reputation club.

Take Real for example, they have had some rough years. Their reputation is now "Continental." After not playing like a "worldwide" power they have been downgraded.

• 2 weeks later...

Your problem is the rest of the league, because the other SPL teams will have done very poorly in europe your leagues rep wont have risen much and as such your clubs rep can only go so far. One team alone is not enough to change the worlds perspective of your league. You alone will never increase the rep of the SPL, you need a strong league, not just one team. In FM11 i took Scotland to 2nd in the co-effs, but i had to make sure other scottish teams were doing well enough in Europe and it took about 30 years before the real difference was noticeable. The fact the SPL is 8th desptie your success says the other scottish teams have been completely mince in Europe for the best part, that is what is holding your rep back.

Managing Aberdeen. Still a "national" reputation. Frustrating.

Sorry but it's just a bug, or more precisely a bad design from SI.

The system reputation of FM is surely the worst algorithm of all FM and the problem exists since about 2005.

The only solution that I find is to use FMRTE to change by oneself the reputation.

hmm not sure what you mean, the rep system changed last year, so the problems from 2005 are completely different. The only solution is to have a successful league, and take it from someone who spent a lot of time exploring the dynamic rep, it works, it just takes time. Using FMRTE is never the way to go about these things.

The rep system changed last year of course but unfortunately it is always catastrophic.

The fact that Aberdeen in his party haven't the continental reputation demonstrates that there is a big problem about system rep.

In real life, if Aberdeen was first in UEFA coeff, the SI developer, who modify manually official reputation with FM editor, surely choose a continental rep for Aberdeen, SPL or not.

Well i have had success with it, i have taken Aberdeen to continental rep, and the SPL to second in Europe, but it takes a long time. Rep is linked to the leagues rep, if the league does not have a good rep then a team can only reach a certain level. Players will not suddenly flock to the SPL if the standard of football they are considering coming to is poor, you have to have a strong league to entice top players to come, that is what the rep system is all about.

Well i have had success with it, i have taken Aberdeen to continental rep, and the SPL to second in Europe, but it takes a long time. Rep is linked to the leagues rep, if the league does not have a good rep then a team can only reach a certain level. Players will not suddenly flock to the SPL if the standard of football they are considering coming to is poor, you have to have a strong league to entice top players to come, that is what the rep system is all about.

This is what I find stupid and unrealistic, the club rep is too much linked with the league.

I don't talk about league but club rep. I agree with you with the league rep.

Another problem, I think the reputation (especially club rep) is too influential, the real thing that attracts players is money, of course history and ambition of project is important but it is really secondary. I don't think the actual rep system is able to make an Anzi situtation or any est europe or south america clubs situation when they were powerful in the past.

It has to be in game tho, otherwise the OP would be able to sign players of the calibre of Messi and Ronaldo, whereas if we think about it realistically, even with that success these players would not move to a poor league, when Porto won both European cups in a row none of the top players wanted to move there, because the league was not of a great quality and the money wasnt there. Making a team like Aberdeen able to attract the worlds top players when the rest of the league will struggle to beat championship teams for players would make things completely unbalanced. If we're also to think about it realistically then money would be a huge factor, Aberdeen are not a huge club in a huge city, our city is not hugely interested in our football team, even during our most successful years we didnt sell out our stadium on a regular basis, that was when Alex Ferguson was in charge and we won European cups. It would be completely unsustainable to support these top players, TV companies are also not going to fall over themselves to pay top money to watch one team completely dominate a league full of second rate teams, so you would not make enough money to support superstars.

What FM probably doesnt simulate well enough are football mercenaries like Eto. Players almost past their peak willing to drop a level of football for a huge last payday. No top player is going to move to Anzhi right now, Eto knew it was his last chance of a huge contract, one he wouldnt get anywhere else and took it, Fm doesnt really simulate that, but probably because it doesnt happen often. There are not many teams from small leagues except Anzhi signing any good players.

But I never pretend Aberdeen can be able to attract world class players ! For that, Aberdeen must have a world reputation. The debate is: why Aberdeen not have the continental rep ?

No Eto'o is not a mercenary, or more exactly all players are mercenaries. In FM language and a normally rep system, Messi and Ronaldo not move to Aberdeen because Barcelona and Real have world rep and Aberdeen only continental, it's normal. I agree of course Aberdeen can't have the worldwide reputation because your city is not enough making money for investors and bankers who prefer big cities.

I really think the presence of reputation rep is absurd because we all now this is the money that score the goals in football and if I understand well, you agree with me.

And we know that the inflation and money system of FM is very poor. SI juste made a reputation system in order to balance the game more easily, a sort of cheat programms for make the transfers more realistic.

SI must revolutionize his attracting player system because we all see SI can't improve the actual system.

If a team, regardless of the league, keeps winning or getting to the latter stages of the Champions League on a regular basis their rep would improve. Simple as that. Lets use Grasshoppers as an example. If they kept on getting to Champions League finals, and winning, they would be renowned throughout Europe. They would be a team that everybody has heard of, regardless of the league they are in. By winning the Champions League regularly, they would be playing in the World Club Cup regularly, thus increasing their world reputation. The fact that teams reputation is struggling to get past 'national' just because of the reputation of the league they are in is just wrong. If a team is that successful, everybody would know them. You might not be able to name one other team in their league or from that country, but thats not the issue. You would still know that club due to their success and certainly on more than a national scale.

If a team, regardless of the league, keeps winning or getting to the latter stages of the Champions League on a regular basis their rep would improve. Simple as that. Lets use Grasshoppers as an example. If they kept on getting to Champions League finals, and winning, they would be renowned throughout Europe. They would be a team that everybody has heard of, regardless of the league they are in. By winning the Champions League regularly, they would be playing in the World Club Cup regularly, thus increasing their world reputation. The fact that teams reputation is struggling to get past 'national' just because of the reputation of the league they are in is just wrong. If a team is that successful, everybody would know them. You might not be able to name one other team in their league or from that country, but thats not the issue. You would still know that club due to their success and certainly on more than a national scale.

100 % agree, I can't understand why the rep system is so bad since so many years.

Other thing, it would be fine if the reputation can evolve according to the prestige of the opponent beaten or not.

Archived