Board accepts bids automatically...

Hi everyone,

I am playing with Fulham and discover something that I have never see before (I have every FM since CM01/02) :

The game is in 2014 summer transfer window and I get many offers for some players :

- Inter offers around 30 millions euros for a striker (bought 11 millions in 2012)

- Plaermo offers 15 millions for a center midfilder (bought 6 millions in 2012)

In both cases the board accepts on my behalf. I have nothing against that because it is true that this can encourage you to sell player with a good benefit. But I have noticed that it was possible to cancel the first bid from the transfer center (and I did :D) but not the second one... Is it normal? I f yes what are the factors the game takes into account?

Thank you for your answers

Cheers

Depends on what the news item said...

If it said that "the offer was too good to turn down and the board has accepted the bid on your behalf", the factors in question are:

1) the club is in serious debt and need the money

2) the director lacks Ambition and other stats, like Business

- there is no way that Palermo is a bigger club than Fulham in 2014, and 15 millions isn't that much.

If the news item didn't say that, these are the other factors:

1) those were the minimum release fee clauses

2) you have accidentally ticked off the "accept all offers" box

Thanks for your replies,

In fact the info message is what you say BiggusD and the club definitly needs money. But for sure I did not click wrongly on "accept all offers".

Actually there was maybe one week difference between the two cases. For the first offer, I was able to click on the red cross in the transfer center panel, so it cancels the contract negociation, and for the second one it was impossible to do so.

For info, about the players :

- Son Heung-Min (south korean) from Hamburger SV, scored more than 20 league goals in two seasons and had avery high average rating, does very well with international team.

- Felipe Anderson (brazilian) from Santos, did not make very well yet and average rating below 7 (playing as a sub), playing with youth Brazil team.

So I wonder if maybe the board allowed me to cancel the bid for a very good player but was inflexible for someone that did not become a key player yet... Moreover I think that the first offer (30 millions) was far more interesting to improve the financial situation so it is a bit unlogical from a strict financial point of view.

I hate it when the board sell one of my star players without consultation. Problem is, they often do it on the last day of the transfer window giving me no time to find a decent replacement with the dosh.

I generally finish up throwing my toys out of the pram & resigning!

Guys you don't need to search for a replacement.

You can just offer the player a new contract if the board accepts the offer!

I made this mistake when I bough in Samba and stupidly left a Minimum fee release clause of £40 mill in the contract. Man City came in and obviously the offer was accepted.All I did was offer him a new contract and he signed with me and stayed!

Archived