Software for creating Soundpacks

Hi,

I was the creator of a good soundpack for FM09 and i am now wanting to create a brand new one for FM12 since its the best one since 09 imo.

What i cannot find is the old software i used too use and nor can i remember the name (LOL) as its been so long. So what is the best software nowadays to

create soundpacks with?

I need something that will let me record the chants from Fanchants or Youtube without having to do it through the external laptop microphone. It also needs to let me

fade in/out the sounds and trim them if needed. Obviously it must allow me too save files in .wav format.

So can anyone help? If so i will do another soundpack - if not then its a no go.

P.s. Tried Audicity and its no good or i just cant work it.

I discovered a while back that some sound card manufacturers had started excluding the option to record directly from the master output of the soundcard by not writing support into the drivers. I discovered this when I upgraded from XP and suddenly lost the ability to record from the soundcard in this way. Presumably this is an attempt to prevent people directly recording streams with no loss of quality. Annoying for people who used the feature for things other than this. Not sure if they are still doing it but may explain why you can't do it directly through Audacity anymore.

Might explain it spikey. Doesnt seem to let me record from the soundcard without doing it externally. The good news is i am a DJ so i have an external soundcard mixer with 2 chanels and the ability to record. So if i can i think i will be able to link that via the laptop USB as output for the chants to the mixer and then connect the other usb into the record input of the mixer. This might let me record the sound going into the mixer on the other chanel coming out of the mixer. It would work in the same way i am sure. Just need to get another usb cable for the mixer then! Hopefully will get something sorted. I just want to hear some of the best old-firm chants and english chants as all the old packs are out dated badly. Watch this space....:)

Archived