Cagey Press Conference

there was 2 questions about where I feel the team is strongest, and I always pick that i'm confident in them all, because that's what makes sense to me (and should), and I guess the game sees that as cagey - but even if that is the case, then if the headline says cagey press conference, then surely it should focus on the bit that actually was cagey?

poor form. Needs a massive revamp in my opinion. I want to say i'm pleased with the squad, because I am, and I don't want to annoy any players (which is likely at a club like city) by saying i'm happier with one set of players than another.

It's like when I play a weakened team in a cup and lose, they ask if you'll make changes - well obviously I will, because I played a weakened team!!!

I totally agree that it needs a revamp but don't think SI can win on this one as there are already people complaining that the result of any interaction is not "Logical". Well guess what; human interaction rarely is, especially with the ego-fest of the professional football world. I would love to see a proper AI solution (a neural network for example) to handle interactions with tons more questions and situations. It would probably be illogical and infuriating but at least it would be interesting.

IMO The press conferences are the weakest aspect of the game now. Massively repetative, makes no sense to the actual situation half the time, but you have to do it to ensure your ass man doesn't say anything stupid

They almost never do. It's something that's really overstated on here by people that actually never leave the PC's to their assistants. I've left them to assistant ever since they were first introduced (FM09?) and it's hardly ever had a negative effect. In fact they mostly get a positive reaction from someone.

My favorite one so far was when I started a game with "no players loaded" in a lower league I created, so had all grays. I went about signing guys (who were all amateur). First of all, my "introduction press conference" had questions like: "Are you going to bring in new players? (um, yeah, we have none). and "Will you have to sell players?" (umm, no, we have no players, and we don't pay them anyways). When I did sign some players it asked for the "introduction press conference" as usual, which was even sillier. "Will your team have to change styles for this player?" (Ummm, no, since WE HAVE NO PLAYERS), and "Will you have to sell players to make room for this player? (Ummmm...ughhh...never mind). Finally I just decline those press conferences, and just do the before/after game ones, which are even sillier when you are managing a team that draws a whopping 80 fans a game if they are lucky.

I really wish they would revamp or take out the stupid things.

I don't really concern myself with what the media reports following one of my press conferences. Since press conferences were first used in FM, I learnt not to say what I normally would say; instead, I select the response I feel would have the greatest positive impact on my team (this applies to team talks too)

Archived